New spawn journal

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Man oh man,he is the shiznick.And judging by the pic...he knows it :hey: Can't wait to hear more,best of luck!!

wuvmybetta said:
Man oh man,he is the shiznick.And judging by the pic...he knows it :hey: Can't wait to hear more,best of luck!!
Oh yea, he knows it! He's an awesome flarer and his sons are just like him!

Update: Nothing happened during the night other than a hunk of the females dorsal fin dissappearing, haha. I didn't expect anything during the night though as my fish never seem to want to spawn then. The bubblenest was also gone, but I'm not worried about that either as he can build them fast and furious once the spawn begins. I'm hoping this morning they will begin spawning, we'll see :)

Linda

Update 2:00pm PST: Well nothing happened yesterday, so I put her back in the Chimney for the night to get a break from knowing he can chase her. This morning as the room started to light up again, she started barring up again and they both got excited. So I released her. It's been pretty much the same as before since then except about half an hour ago she was coming over to him at the nest acting like she was ready, head down, barred up. But after swimming around her a bit, he would nip her and send her scurrying away again. She tried that several times...I guess it's him that isn't ready yet, darn guy is sending out mixed signals, haha. I had hope they were about to start here soon, but she's back hiding in the plants again. Oh well, patience patience!

Linda

Most reactions

Back