New Pictures Changed To Sand

babybell911

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well yesterday I changed my tank substrate to sand as per instructions i got form wolf's article and by the way works a charm!!!
Also some pics of my fish. The catfish love it they've been covered in sand ever since they were put back in!

Before
P1010002-1.jpg

Now
P1010007-1.jpg

P1010024-2.jpg

Corydoras enjoying it!
P1010014.jpg

P1010027-1.jpg

P1010038.jpg

New blue rams
P1010010.jpg

P1010023-1.jpg

P1010030.jpg

Swordtails
P1010018.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

Featherfin and Gourami share the same rock
P1010021-1.jpg

P1010029-1.jpg

Hi,

That looks really nice. I am thinking of doing the same with my tank. Hope it looks as good as your does.

Rich

Lovely tank and great piccies ! :wub: :good:

Though that sand is incredibly deep :unsure: and personally I'd halve it in depth. Else you will have to be very vigilant with sand stirring and raking. Especially under decor. Or soon you will have lots of gas pockets and black sand under decor.
If you introduce some MTS it might help though.

Looks alot better. Catfish will love it alot more. Great pics too. Specially the Rams, you live in soft water area or something or use RO?

No the sand isn't that deep bout an inch and a half like suggested for my plants it just where all the catfish have shoved it up against the glass. Plus I dont mind stirring everything and I've got to move everything to vacum anyway.
Thanks for all your comments dont know about a hard water area or not how would i tell? The rams came from a shop down the road so they would have beenused to the water anyway.
This is the wolfs article Changing to sand

Nice......good job.........I like the way that virtually everything is back in the same place..........as though you left everything in the tank and just magic'ed the substrate to sand........... :hey: :hey: :p :D

Nice Ram pics too....... :D

i wish i could of justused magic my back was killing me after carrying everything and bending over the tank all afternoon!

Hi,

Great tank the sand makes a hell of a difference. How do you get your pics so clear. I just can't seem to get it right and mine always appear blurry and out of focus.

Rich

ah that would be the joy of a digital camera. If you hold it still before taking the pictureit automatically focuses

Most reactions

Back