New Old 4 Foot Tank

sparkycufc

Reaction score
It's 4 feet (122cm) long, 50cm tall and 40 cm deep. which I calculate to be around 240 litres. It's taken a while to clean and repair and generally get to a state where the other half will allow it house room but it's now pretty much ready to go. I will be transferring the current occupants of my 125 litre tank to it, these are as follows:

10 x Galaxy Rasbora
10 x Neon Tetra
6 x Amber Tetra
6 Pygmy Cory
2 x Panda Cory
2 x Albino Bronze Cory
2 x Electric Blue Ram
2 x African Dwarf Frog

Obviously I will be able to increase the number of fish in there but I'd like suggestions as to what might go well with what I already have. If the kind folk of the forum are prepared to offer some advice it will be gratefully received.

I would up the numbers of the corys and neons :) Good shoal of all of those fish would look mint. Is the tank planted??

I would up the numbers of the corys and neons :) Good shoal of all of those fish would look mint. Is the tank planted??

To start with I plan on having artificial (silk) plants and slowly replace them with the real thing.

Sounds good. That's exactly what I did :) Doesn't break the bank so hard that way.

Sounds good. That's exactly what I did :) Doesn't break the bank so hard that way.

I'm planning on the main decoration being rocks, specifically slate, which isn't coming cheap so spending on live plants will have to wait a while.

I'm planning on the main decoration being rocks, specifically slate, which isn't coming cheap so spending on live plants will have to wait a while.
Oh slate is wonderful! I thankfully had some in the backyard :shifty: Sounds like it's going to look real good. Can't wait to see pics!

I would go for one type of Tetra, then just have two larger shoals of Rasbora's and Tetra's. Might look more visually appealing that way. Also, I am pretty sure that Panda Corys prefer lower temps than most of your other fish and Pygmy Corys may find it hard to feed amongst their larger cousins. Given this, maybe just pick one sub species of Cory and have one larger shoal and maybe add a small Pleco. Just a thought.

I would go for one type of Tetra, then just have two larger shoals of Rasbora's and Tetra's. Might look more visually appealing that way. Also, I am pretty sure that Panda Corys prefer lower temps than most of your other fish and Pygmy Corys may find it hard to feed amongst their larger cousins. Given this, maybe just pick one sub species of Cory and have one larger shoal and maybe add a small Pleco. Just a thought.

The pandas and albinos were rescued from other people's tanks who were getting rid of their set ups altogether so weren't really planned for the tank. They seem to have established territories with regard to feeding, the pygmies stick to the back of the tank whereas the pandas and albinos hang around the front.

In an ideal world I'd just have the pygmies but I'm stuck with the others for now at least.

Most reactions

Back