New Nano Setup

Do put a backgroud on! Just plain black for now or anything! I think that the pipe ruins the image. But still, I'm a great fan of thing tank, it looks really natural, and not a design that I've seen anywhere before. I like the things you've done, and the way it looks so open and unique, especially the blend of invertes and fish, with lots of decor and plants here and there. It really works, not planting as densly as some other tanks. 3 ideas for stocking would be C. Pygmaeus, Zebra Danios and Hatchets.

May i ask where did u get the plastic canvas for your moss wall? i notice on one picture, u seems put it on top of tank as well. I had a similiar one for my tank divider, however it is not strong enough, defintely can not stay stable on top of tank.

I once thought about using it for riccia. But the hole is too narrow, so how did you get moss out of those small holes?

Many thanks

ok sorry :blush: I thought you were from falkirk, somone on here is! ha.

What's the best shop in Glasgow? They all seem to be on Paisley rd west!

The ones on Paisley Rd West are all pretty good in different ways.I would say Coral Reef are the best for stock and helpful staff.Its worth just checking in on them all in a row.

Do put a backgroud on! Just plain black for now or anything! I think that the pipe ruins the image. But still, I'm a great fan of thing tank, it looks really natural, and not a design that I've seen anywhere before. I like the things you've done, and the way it looks so open and unique, especially the blend of invertes and fish, with lots of decor and plants here and there. It really works, not planting as densly as some other tanks. 3 ideas for stocking would be C. Pygmaeus, Zebra Danios and Hatchets.

Thanks man it didnt turn out the way I had in my head(the bogwood was smaller than I had first thought)but it seems to have grown in nicely.I will put a background on but I fear it will cut the light from the outside.Iwill be adding more hairgrass along the back and probably more stones with riccia along the front.Thanks for the fish suggestion but I'm not a fan of danios and hatchets would most likely jump out but I may be getting a small group of galaxy rasboras and a few more pygmy corys and probably another 8 cherry shrimp.

May i ask where did u get the plastic canvas for your moss wall? i notice on one picture, u seems put it on top of tank as well. I had a similiar one for my tank divider, however it is not strong enough, defintely can not stay stable on top of tank.

I once thought about using it for riccia. But the hole is too narrow, so how did you get moss out of those small holes?

Many thanks

I got it off ebay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Plastic-Canvas-UK I dont think it would work well for riccia though.I use the nets you get punnets of fruit in as they are green and the holes are not too big for the riccia to come out of.

Heres a few recent pics, the plants are pearling like crazy.

DSC02186.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

Coming along nicely :) should like nice once it fills out.

Sam

Looks really good, the plants are in wonderful condition.

Some updates to the tank.

Flora:

Added 4 pots of dwarf hairgrass along the back and sides of the tank.
Added 4 more riccia stones

Fauna

Added 4 emerald eye rasbora and 1 dwarf rasbora(that appeared to be a stowaway in the EE tank in the lfs)but im not happy with the EE's they seem to aggressive so im taking them to put in my girlfriends snail tank today.The new dwarf rasbora is a different type to my lone surviving dwarf but they seem like great buddies already and I hope to get maybe a half dozen more asap.

Also coming are 8 cherry shrimp and 2 tiger shrimp(possibly just 10 cherrys though).

And save for maybe adding 1 more pygmy cory(to make it 6) that will be me all stocked up

The plants are looking great but the new riccia has not grown enough to look good for pics so i'll snap a few at the weekend(hopefully my new shrimp will be there by then).

Sounds good.

How about some pics of the new fish. I am on the hunt for some Microrasbora sp.

Sounds good.

How about some pics of the new fish. I am on the hunt for some Microrasbora sp.

I'm just heading out but the ones I have are these guys.Also the lfs might be getting me in fireworks/galaxies in at £3.80 which is not bad.

The new one is this guy.
http://www.animalnetwork.com/aquariumfish/...sBrigittae2.JPG

My other(lone survivor from a dozen)is this guy.
http://www.franksaquarium.com/index_files/...lata_edited.jpg

I hate seeing them in such small numbers but its the best I can do at the moment.I asked if the lfs could get me more of the new ones since the supplyer obviously has them and he just looked at me blankly(this is not the lfs thats happy to order me in fish).The other one has "bee" shrimp coming in too.

last picture looks good

whats the proper name for the dwarf hairgrass? thanks

Looks really promising. Aquaessentials sells a CF over tank light 60 cms which should fit, needs a generous wallet if I remember correctly. The arcadia “arcpodsâ€￾ might work maybe two 11 watts.
Looks good, thanks for the detail on making the moss wall, hope to see it maturing.

Whoa I defo cant afford that :(

I have an arcpod but its crap IMO.Any cheaper alternatives?

You can get cheap one on ebay, i got mine, brand new for 2ft, 3X24, about 40 quids including postage :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back