New Member Says Slainte And Seks Advice

carrickleagh

Reaction score
Hello to you all.
I slowly started my first community tank 12 weeks ago and am hooked and want a bigger tank but the ayatollah says no! Coming from a science background I appreciate the reasons for going slowly. I have 120 litre tank well planted and thriving with no algae to speak of, changing 10% water every 4 days and kept at 22 degrees. I have 9 golden cloud minnows, 3 corys, 2 dwarf ancistris and 8 danios (3 zebra, 5 leopard)and 5 tiny red rasporas (can't remember name) The danios are a pain as they eat everything I introduce. I am moving them to another tank I used to keep a snake in until I can find someone to take them. I need advice what to go for next. Kiddies want colourful fish instead of boring minnows, though I like what I've got. I was thinking of 7 (like odd numbers) ember tetras and want a couple of striking bigger suitable fish and can not find any info on the web so far re the latter. I welcome advice.
"travel is fatal to hatred and bogotry"
William in Belfast, N. Ireland.

I really don't have any advise for you but the tank you use to keep a snake in is it meant for fish or reptiles. The reason I ask is if its meant for reptiles its not going to work for fish because there made with thinner glass and wont be able to withstand the pressure of water and the seams will bust.

thanks for that, yes I am aware of potential difference in glass thickness, though my vernier indicates 4mm, which is same as my other fish tank, so I am assuming it is ok. I had coldwater sticklebacks in this tank for over a year 3 years ago without any probs., so fingers crossed. I am really only using it until I can find someone to take the danios.

Most reactions

Back