New Member, New Nano

james 3200

Reaction score
Hello all,

As you can guess from the title, im new on this forum and thought id join up as it looks like a gooden :D

Anyway, been setting up a new nano over the last 2 weeks and its nearly complety planted.

Tank is from Aqua Essentials, a 30x30x30cm cube

Substrate - power sand, ADA malaya, tormaline bc, sarawak sand
Lighting - 33w pl bulb, soon to be a 70w MH
Pressurised co2
ADA ferts, at the moment brighty k & phyton git

Most of the plants were from my old nano which i broke down.

Here is the tank;

hardscape2.jpg

What you cant see is the Rotala Wallichi, which will go in the back left corner with Didiplis diandra next to it. Then on the right side there is rotala nanjenshan amongst the right pieces of wood, which has just been planted so quite alot of growth is needed to get to the layout id like.

Plantlayoutcopy.jpg

1- Redmoor wood with willow moss
2- Anubias nana
3- Eleocharis Acicularis
4- Fissiden moss on moss balls
5- Windelov

Would like to hear your feedback, cheers!

James

Hi and welcome to the forum :hi:

Tanks gonna be quality once it gets establish, how old is the layout?

Sam

HI & thanks

I got the wood on Tuesday this week from AE, and planted it up in the evening. The plants and moss you can see are all from an old nano which was around 10 months old, and did the planting last weekend, so its brand new :D

James

Where you getting the 70w MH from? Didn't know they did MH that small?

Yea you can get MH that small. I actualy have the MH up in place, im just waiting on the bulb now, a 70w 8000K RX7 one, just like the ADA MH bulb, £20 delivered from Hong Kong. The light unit is something that im importing and shall be selling online in the near future, will keep anyone interested updated, 70w & 150w versions will be between £80 - £115 respectively, this one is a prototype ;)

Light.jpg

Oh right, cheers for the pic :) certainly something for smaller tanks.

Have you used it before? Get any pearling?

Sam

Oh right, cheers for the pic

No prob

Not yet tested it, as the bulb i have is a 3k so wrong type and not a good colour. I will have the 8k bulb on tuesday hopefully, looking forward to having it open topped then :D

James

:hi: Nice start up. When it fills in providing you keep optimum plant health you will have a tank to be proud of. I hope to see clean cut ends of your red wood coverd with moss. It looks un-natural as it is. Good work.

Sam, Arcadia do the series3 Mini with a fresh water 70W MH, it looks sleak ( think about getting one myself ) but at around £200 its not cheap. But the light looks more natural than tubes.

Thanks

Yep, the ends will be nice and bushy with moss eventually.. the twig of wood on the far right of the tank will be amongst the rotala mindue. Im also trying to train some willow moss to grow emersed for the piece of wood breaking the surface, hopefully it will work..

James

I love your new nano, it's elegant and satisfying and you make the difficult job (I think) of disguising the size appear effortless.

Looks good

Would an MH not give a nano potential heat problems especially during the summer months?

Thanks very much,

As for heat, yes it will heat the nano up and in the summer i can imagine it getting worse, last summer the old one hit 28 for a few days, but il solve that by having a portable air con unit in the room as there are 2 tanks in this room.

James

Very nice nano, I like the wood. It should look excelent when the willow moss has grown over.

Most reactions

Back