New Juwel Rio 180

Platies and gouramis looked nice together in my tanks. Blue gouramis and red wags. :p But you need about 40 fry growing out to really get the effect, I had :lol:

come on mate we all know that its best to get a group of 6 angels, so why have you not gone down this route? you know better than that :grr: :lol:

get 2 more they will be much better to watch :good:

Looking great and will look even better when everything has had chance to grow :good:

Out of interest why dont you want to use Co2?? I would have thought you would be well up for the challenge, and I managed to get it right so I know 100% that you would to.

Lol matt, shush! May add a couple more when funds allow.

Livewire, the co2 is appealing, but the initial cost is off putting. Justifying £100+ on some bubbles to the missus is gonna be hard. :lol:

Then there is the added pressure of getting everything bang on with the levels and ferts.

Decided to limit the light to 6.5 hours a day and dose about 6ml of fert a day.

Will do 2 25% water changes a week also.

preacox rainbows are stunning i have 8 of them in a heavily planted 180l with nothing else apart from some sae they shoal together and r gorgeous fish

praecox rainbows can be very sensitive though dave. probably more than cardinals, they are one of the only rainbows to thrive in acidic soft water if i remember right. where as most others do like it more alkaline.

i had a group ages ago that died off with no apparent reason, they are greak looking fish though :hey:

i would hate for all those angels to be sold on your return :lol: by the way are they the ones bred by (forgot his name) who works there? i know they do have lots of his in when big enough to sell.

Thanks matt. Will have to rethink the stocking then.

The angels are possibly bred by someone who works there, there was a lot of info on the name card, genetics codes etc.

If you feel like you don't want me to miss out then pick me two up and I will paypal you when I can afford to. :good:

:grr:

after buying my angels tomorrow ill have nothing left otherwise it might have happened... if they are from the breeder then there will be plenty more :good:

are you going down tomorrow or will it be too tempting :hey:

rofl.gif

congrats

Most reactions

Back