New Juwel Rio 180

minnnt

Fish Expert
Reaction score
Having a try at a new planted tank.

TANK: Juwel Rio 180
FILTRATION: Fluval 305
LIGHTING: 2 x 45w T5's
SUBSTRATE: Unipac Limpopo (Will eventually move to cat litter i reckon)

PLANTS:

Cryptocoryne Wentdtii Brown
Cryptocoryne Wendtiii Green
Java Fern
Hygrophila
Star Grass

OTHERS BEING ADDED:

Dwarf Sag
Stem Plants (suggestions?)

FERTILISER:

EI daily

CO2:

None

FISH:

Eventually there will be a group of Tiger Barbs in there, something around the 25 mark but for the minute there is just a couple of Platties to keep the filter ticking over. May also look towards adding some Cories or maybe a group of Bulldog Plecs.

Kind of taking my time with this one as i want to get it right. Mainly because the missus actually quite likes the tank so don't want to burn my bridges :lol: Planning is constantly on my mind, but i still have no idea what i'm going to do. :lol: I've got some Dwarf Sag on order so that will be planted when it arrives. Thinking of stem plants basically to fill the tank up as i do want it to be rather heavily planted. A trip to the LFS at the weekend is in order i think.

Anyway, here is a quick snap of it atm... But be warned, things may change... :rolleyes:

Rio 180 by David Raynham, on Flickr

A nice start.
I'm going to love watching this.
laugh.gif

Thanks mark! :) hoping to have the areas around it densley planted with tall stems. That's the plan atm anyway. Lmao.

Yes a very nice start, you have to love a rio 180 just the right size
And a great example as well lol :)

What ferts is EI mate

Looking nice already - Im sure this will be another stunning display from minnnt. (I have some spare cat litter if you want - washed already lol)

I can't see the pictures you post while I'm at work :( use a different host, just for me! Looking forward to seeing this develop though!

Don't worry AA, you're not missing much, lol.

Mark, EI is Estimative Index. Dry ferts basically.

Lol paul, p&p would be more than it is in tesco's, lol.

Nice start mate, what wood you got in there.

Steve, the wood is erm, erm, dunno. Lol. Just found it whilst taking the dogs for a walk. Its been at the side of the shed for a couple of months. Lol.

Paul, the blood, sweat and tears may poison the fish...

im going to your lfs on sunday mate :hey:

if i can catch the bulldog then ill bring him to you :good:

PRC?

Erm, unsure on the hygro, will get back to you on that one.

Thanks matt, fingers crossed! :good:

Most reactions

Back