New Fluval Roma 200

Yes silk from now on, it was my hubby who like the coloured ones i went off them ages ago. I've noticed like you say the fish seem to like tanks lower in depth and longer.
They do but the height give more space between top middle and bottom dwellers.
How many tanks have you got?

They do but the height give more space between top middle and bottom dwellers.
How many tanks have you got?
I started off with a 20 litre, then moved up to a 22 gallon but these went down to my grandkids but the dad took over, then brought the boyu 60 gallon had that 8mths and gave it my stepson and i now have this one and a 5 gallon with my betta.

The cabinet looks very nice with the tank, good choice in substrate. :)

I started off with a 20 litre, then moved up to a 22 gallon but these went down to my grandkids but the dad took over, then brought the boyu 60 gallon had that 8mths and gave it my stepson and i now have this one and a 5 gallon with my betta.
Plenty of experience then.
The whole hobby has grabbed a hold of me.
Totally addicted. Thinking about a second tank already ha ha.

The cabinet looks very nice with the tank, good choice in substrate. :)
Well it's how my hubby as altered it that makes it looks better plus wheeling out if i need be helps, i used the substrate from my other tank which is smooth and removed the white and added another small bag i had left and mixed it with the old. Just another cycle to go through :rolleyes:

MTS (multiple tank syndrome) gets to the best of us!

(I have 6 tanks up and running. :hey: )

Well it's how my hubby as altered it that makes it looks better plus wheeling out if i need be helps, i used the substrate from my other tank which is smooth and removed the white and added another small bag i had left and mixed it with the old. Just another cycle to go through :rolleyes:
You can instant cycle if you have media from your other tank. (Assuming that tank is cycled)

Just move some of the cycled media over to the uncycled filter, wait 24 hrs, then boom! Instant cycle. :fish:

Yes i would say so and when cycles happen :rolleyes: but i'm keeping with these now plus had experience with quite a few fish that go together and don't but we have a pet shop not far from we who take fish in and quarantine them first to make sure they're ok because fish that have caused problems have soon done walkies down there :rofl: i can't stand a disruptive tank plus stress on my fish.

You'll end up getting one ;)

You can instant cycle if you have media from your other tank. (Assuming that tank is cycled)

Just move some of the cycled media over to the uncycled filter, wait 24 hrs, then boom! Instant cycle. :fish:
Yes the Boyu had everything from my 22 gallon just had to top it up with water, so that caused a mini cycle of 3 weeks after running for 2wks and the lots gone over to my new tank and my filtering system.

I've been testing every 2 days and ammonia is 0.25, nitrite 0 and nitrate 10 and always the same reading, i'm saying ammonia 0.25 just be sure as it's in between 0 and 0.25.

Most reactions

Back