New Fish Coming On Thursday!

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Reaction score
I'm so happy. I've got 6 Garra flavatra in the mail that should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait till they get here! I lost my first 3 a couple months back when my tank crashed and took out most my fish. Managed to find them pretty cheap online for once. They are young fish though. Will post pics of them once they get here! Till then I got pics of 4 BNPs I got at an auction last week, they are my first plecos! They are red calicos and about 1-1.5" long. Also some pics of various fish they are sharing the tank with.

P1100135.jpg

P1100140.jpg

P1090980.jpg

P1100109.jpg

P1100141.jpg

.....is that a lungfish?? I mean if it is they are awesome and are on my "one day I will own" list but you know how big and demanding they get?

Its a caecilian, T. natans. One of two that I have, they are both full grown at 2 feet. One of the reasons I liked my old garras so much was that they didn't give the caecilians much room. All the fish adjust to them, but keep a few inches back. Garras were jumping on them from day 2. They would sleep under the log with them, and had no issue getting between them and their food. At 3 inches the caecilians wouldn't have any problem eating them. Most of the food they take is bigger than the fish. But the caecilians always pushed the Garra out of the way so they could eat. The caecilians are also naturally blind.

Its a glass/ceramic CO2 diffuser. I least think thats what your taking about.

Unfortunately they didn't make it in the mail today. It was 50/50, priority is guaranteed 3 days but said 2 days from PA to WI. Looks like it will be 3 days. Tracking info hasn't been updated since the 27th(day they were shipped). I'm assuming they are in the Twin Cities(40min away), I've gotten enough packages to know the sorting facility there rarely ever bothers to update the tracking info. They should be here tomorrow, I may have the PO hold them for me. I can get them a few hours earlier, got to call and try to snag them before they get sent out on the truck.

Starting to get worried, They still haven't showed :/ . Regular mail has been delivered already today. I guess depending on the size of the box they may be coming on the bigger truck. But its starting to get late for that. I was too busy early this morning with college to call the PO. Tracking info hasn't been updated yet either..... argh USPS is starting to slip lately. I hope their heat pack is holding out OK :(

Well bad news, they won't be showing today either :-( . And now I'm stressing out. I let the seller know, and am hoping they come tomorrow morning. still its not looking good, they have a heat pack but IDK how much longer it will last and its suppose to be down in the 40's tomorrow. I hope he packed them good :-(.

Give the USPS a call!
I've called the local USPS building multiple times, both yesterday and today. They are no help. They just look up the tracking # and tell me the same thing the USPS website tells me. "Your item was processed through and left our SWEDESBORO, NJ 08085 facility on October 27, 2009 at 7:48pm." That was roughly 3 hours after the seller dropped it off. Where its been since then is anyones guess.

The seller should have provided you with a tracking number once it was shipped, I would request this. Don't lose heart yet, some fish survive the worst of shipping conditions, others don't make it with the best.

OMG! They showed up about 15min ago! A little cold but all still alive. I'm working on acclimating them now.

I've had the tracking #- here it is. It was updated as soon as they were dropped off. There's still a big gap in it, over 3 days. Either way I'm just happy there here now :D.

Most reactions

Back