New Fish Coming On Thursday!

Ah fantastic! I had been lurking on this thread but hoping they got to you :) I would really hate to receive a bag of dead fish! Pics!!!

:good: Float the bags to bring the temperature up. After that drip acclimate, slowly. If you have a dechlorinator that neutralizes ammonia add one drop to the bag immediately after opening.

Fish waste is acidic, often dropping the pH. Upon contact with fresh air (O2) the pH may rise a bit, making the ammonia more toxic. The one drop helps with the pH/toxicity issue, the drip acclimate gets them to your water conditions slowly after a rough ride.

:good: Float the bags to bring the temperature up. After that drip acclimate, slowly. If you have a dechlorinator that neutralizes ammonia add one drop to the bag immediately after opening.

Fish waste is acidic, often dropping the pH. Upon contact with fresh air (O2) the pH may rise a bit, making the ammonia more toxic. The one drop helps with the pH/toxicity issue, the drip acclimate gets them to your water conditions slowly after a rough ride.
I'll add some Prime. The seller did a good job though as both bags had little chunks of mature filter sponge in them. Acclimation is going slow there's a 1.0 ph change between my water and the bag water.

They are very active already. Breathing a little fast, but that could be from their efforts to jump out of the bag. Bigger than I was expecting all are about 2"

Nice with the little bit of sponge, I've seen discus sellers do just that. Sounds good so far!

Well its been 24 hours. So far so good :D ! They acclimated without a problem. They are very active and have gone crazy over the little food they have gotten. I'll start feeding them regularly tomorrow. All six seem nice and healthy so far. If no problems arise they will be dewormed in a week or so, once they have settled in. The plan at the moment is for them to stay in the 15gal tank they are in now. They currently have it all to themselves except for a male endler I'm too lazy to catch. It will probably take a while but they should color up like the old one in my sig :) .

Pics for you guys. They are all the same color-my camera does funny things.
P1100186.jpg

P1100188.jpg

P1100168.jpg

Wow; really great pictures. I love the colors of your emperor tetra. Might have to get some for myself now. ;)

Lovely new additions too!

Those Garra sure are Stunning Specimens

Most reactions

Back