New First Cories And Eggs?

well guys, got home last night, dont know what went wrong during the day whilst i was at work but all but one were dead when got home, one was still clinging to life but passed later that night. I was pretty devastated last night and not sure what went wrong as they were doing well and fairly developed. I have decided though as these guys spawned randomnly the morning after I got them home to their new home from the store, that I would like to attempt spawning with intention and be ready this time. Have you any tips for me? I have been reading all the various articles on the net, and the general idea is to add cooler water. They are in a 160 litre with other inhabitants (namely one angel, gobies (being moved), pearl gouramis and glass catfish), shall I try the method of 10-20% out each day and add a degree below or two of cooler water? I have the tank at 26C.

Watching them last night, I am still not used to their behaviour or who are males or females. I know the females are broader from the top but really cant tell, they do seem very active swimming up the glass and investigating front glass everywhere as soon as lights dimmed but unsure if this is displaying or just general activity.Have seen odd couples stroking each other, but again unsure if this is social behaviour (havent seen the T position). It really upset me last night as very much looking forward to raising fry and really do want to "deliverately" raise some now, though would prefer the spawning in the main tank (as only a 5g otherwise for them to spawn in and dont think this would be suitable)

p.s.sorry Inchworm! I havent got pics of group yet, shall do so this weekend (apologies)

aww so sorry. RIP little cories :sad: .

I know that feeling when your going so well and suddenly it collapses
:sad:

but, you might have better luck next time they spawn. :good:

Good Luck with that

Thanks very much guys, appreciate the support, just feel a little insecure as havent a spawning tank for them and have this feeling they may not be so willing again

read this- its pretty good on spawning and breeding cories: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=165155 :good:

Thanks very much iffles for the link, had read before but no calmer minded re-reading there is a good deal of info.

As promised here is a pic of one of the corys! They are very camera shy lol
4063409333_9dc453785f.jpg

Most reactions

Back