New Betta...photos

loubega

Fishaholic
Reaction score
this is my new betta, yet to be named...!

he lives in a 13l tank on his own with a small sponge filter, heater and two small live plants...

DSC08909.jpg

DSC08943.jpg

DSC08934.jpg

DSC08931.jpg

DSC08917.jpg

DSC08913.jpg

hope you all like him :good:

wow he is rather beautiful, im gettin my first better today i cant wait, im looking for a HM or CT at the moment but im struggling to find one. if i cant find one at the next LFS i guess ill get a VT, love his colouration the red strike looks great on his ventral fins!

wow he is rather beautiful, im gettin my first better today i cant wait, im looking for a HM or CT at the moment but im struggling to find one. if i cant find one at the next LFS i guess ill get a VT, love his colouration the red strike looks great on his ventral fins!

thats why i also like bettas good for practicing photography on as they a generally quite slow

thats why i also like bettas good for practicing photography on as they a generally quite slow

i still struggled with the photos, have never been much of a photographer....what tail does he have?

Mmmmmmm perhaps you'd like to come and take some pics for us......I wish they would slow up long enough to get them in focus :lol: :lol:

i still struggled with the photos, have never been much of a photographer....what tail does he have?

He's lovely boy and looks to be Delta tailtype :good:

Mmmmmmm perhaps you'd like to come and take some pics for us......I wish they would slow up long enough to get them in focus :lol: :lol:

He's lovely boy and looks to be Delta tailtype :good:

cheers, he wasn't too quick just have to be patient

The patience bit tends to run out when you're trying to get pics of 40+ little ones :lol: Tempted to blue tack them in place sometimes. But the second pic you got shows his caudal really nicely :good:

No...but I would imagine that 20 babies in a tank together would be quite similar in terms of speed....or I may be completely wrong :rolleyes:

Hes gorgeous! Look at his caudal fin. The ends are whitish looks like his fins may be growing back at the ends. could have had fin rot or other damage at some point. Based on his anal and dorsal fins I wouldnt be surprised if he develops some crowning in the caudal as well!

Hes gorgeous! Look at his caudal fin. The ends are whitish looks like his fins may be growing back at the ends. could have had fin rot or other damage at some point. Based on his anal and dorsal fins I wouldnt be surprised if he develops some crowning in the caudal as well!

oh you reckon he may have had fin rot? well i hope that doesnt come back....im feeding him freeze dried daphina and bloodworm, also a bit of tetra pro colour...anything else i shld try?

my tank is 13l so just under 3 gallons? shall i leave him on his own or maybe get a otto in there? or 2 corys? or is that 2 much?

If you are going to get an otto, i would wait a while as they dont do well in new set ups. I believe though your tank may be too small for an otto, could be wrong though.

Most reactions

Back