New Baby

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
Nevermind the two living in my closet, those belong to a friend, hehe. A coworker's sister found this little guy, and neither of them wanted to keep it, so I took it. I've wanted a garter snake ever since I was a kid and just never got one, but now I finally have my cute little snakey friend ^_^. Heck, I can feed him for free for the most part with feeder fish from work, and we get tadpoles and things in with the ghost shrimp in warmer months that he will enjoy. He is shy, but not bitey at all.
DSCN5696.jpg

He's beee-yoooo-tiful :wub:

I'm still trying to talk hubby into letting me have a small snake (corn snake preferably). But with kids, rats, dog, fish and giant african land snails, it's proving a little difficult :rolleyes:

omg that thing is so cute!!!

i wish my mom would let me get a snake :angry:

congrats, it's awesome. giv us some update pics as it grows! :good:

I love garters and no doubt will own one one day although i would feed mine on pinkies as do a lot of the garter keepers in the uk

I'll be giving this one pinkies when it gets bigger as well, it's too small for that at the moment. Fish are by no means nutritionally complete, but then again neither is a diet of 100% pinkies. Ideally I'd feed it mostly amphibians, but I'm not made of money, nevermind how difficult it would be to find a constant supply. I think it's probably a checkered garter, and if so it's less aquatic than most, so pinkies are a must. :nod:
More pics!
DSCN5708.jpg

DSCN5732.jpg

DSCN5740.jpg

DSCN5748.jpg

I'm not usually fond of snakes, i'm actually afraid of them, but this one is easy to look at!

He's soo tiny and CUTE!

He ate a couple of feeder swordtails yesterday and now has a nice round lump in his belly ^_^

Most reactions

Back