New aquarium ornament

@ombomb said:
Do you want opinions on whether they are horribly ugly or not?
[snapback]878534[/snapback]​

She's getting mine anyway.

They're ugly! Totally unnatural.

Ahhhh I don't think they are horribly ugly :/ Not everyone has the same taste. Those of us who's been in the fish hobby for years seem to have moved on to the more "natural" look - but as long as it's not stressing out the fish, who really cares ? It's not like the whole tank will be a pulsating disco - it's just a coloured bubble maker for goodness sake :/

I do however think it's expensive for what it is :X

Kal-el, that's actualy not entirely correct ;) a planted tank does very badly with aeration as it expels the much needed CO2.

I'm not buying it! I just needed info on the scary part - brothers considering getting one and he has plastic plants not live ones - they kept getting destroyed.. oh well his move I guess. :dunno:

I don't really think its overpriced as it has a waterproof underwater light attached to an air diffuser. The light is the expensive part. Plus you add in shipping costs and the whole new fad factor and its not outrageous. My only concern is the the lighting is unnatural. Fish are used to light entering from above and not below. I have heard tales of fish being stressed due to lighting from below.

Now that being said, I have underwater lights in my pond for night viewing of fish and colored decoration to enhance the landscaping of the pond. I have never seen any signs that the lights stress the fish in the pond. And one is a pretty bright light focused straight up under a bridge as a path light for crossing the bridge.

My fish also have dark spaces they can use to escape the light though and you may not get that with an aquarium.

You really have to ask yourself with an aquarium, do you want to focus to be on the decorations in the aquarium, or the fish in the aquarium?

Most reactions

Back