New Aquarium, New Fish, New here

meatball

Reaction score
that's right, $100. my friend had bought it about 5 years ago, stand and all. he never used it because he ended up moving to a place on the second floor, and they wouldnt allow him to use it saying it was too heavy. so now it's all mine. i went to the fish store, and kind of went a little crazy. i didn't want to go saltwater, because i was told that'd be too hard for beginners. so i bought what i thought were the coolest freshwater fish out there.... darnit the best ones are saltwater.

1- figure 8 puffer - dimesize, very tiny

2- an irridescent shark - about 3 inches, later went to another store and seen ones that were about 8 inches

3. a jaguar catfish - thought it was the best looking catfish they had.

4. a ropefish (or reedfish, whatever)

5. 2 red bellied pacu's (what i didnt realize was the size they will eventually grow to)

i kind of went crazy and didnt know what to get, and didnt do enough research. i'll have to get rid of the pacu's eventually, they'll take up all the room!

I got my 55 in almost the same way except my sister in laws husband just gave me mine. Welcome to the party.

:hi: to the forum, im sure from now on look on here and see what are the best fish to have in you tank, because there are alot of people here to help you! :thumbs:

:hi: hope those fish are going to be moved to a bigger tank soon. :)

:fish: Hiya and welcome, now you know why you never see a rich fishkeeper, we all have to buy bigger tanks for one reason or another :D

Hi meatball and welcome to the forum. :hi:

This is a great place to learn about all kinds of things. Just ask questions and there is surely someone who can answer them. :D

Most reactions

Back