New 6x2x2 australian native tank.

i think you should take a very fine netting and essentially screen in the top of the aquarium. you could easily make removable shutters for the fronts and sides; plus by adding full-length netting, you won't have to worry about escaping insects. but i'd save time/effort on the back and just put up a whole sheet of perspex.

lookin' good!

garbodude said:
i have connected the tank up to the toilet
[snapback]858677[/snapback]​

gosh, you really don't want to botch that up.

I saw the update and got all stoked for some new pics. where are they? bring on the mangroves.

hey how are you all?

yeah mesh could be good. toilet set up is fine. here are somenew pics
whole.jpg

underthelillies.jpg

topright.jpg

topleft.jpg

salmontail.jpg

right.jpg

rainbow2.jpg

rainbow.jpg

left.jpg

goldeneeltail.jpg

fromleft.jpg

enjoy

alex

yeah the catfish are good- they get pretty big though.

paul the bannana lillys are good also because they are cheap they only cost $1.50 each australian and i have 7 there so $10.

I like the way that tank works. Do you have any plans for getting Mangroves growing out the top?

Fantastic tank, and I like the choice of fish

andy i do as you can see in this pic:
topleft.jpg

there is a mangrove i got from gladstone near heron island on the great barrier reef -(had to go up there for a field trip for 1 week for uni, life realy is tough some times.)

however the trouble is that the roots wont reach to the bottom without drowning the leaves so i have to come up with a method of growing the roots down to the floor without moving the mangrove.- i also need to add some more salt. but yeah thats the plan

wow nice tank

i like the mangrove and the way it comes outta the top. it looks really good in the rite tank, such as urs

I seem to recall that some marine people have used slabs of polystyrene to float mangrove until the roots grow long enough to be left on their own.

Looking nice. Love that open tank.

paul the lillys are Nymphoides aquatica i think and they live pretty much everywhere. i realy like them and they would look good even if you couldnt see the top of them i recon.

andywg thats a good idea. i think ill try that. a friend told me that i could use stormwater pipe and cut it into smaller pieces and cut a slit down the side and then fill it with sand and as the roots grow down just take the pipe off bit by bit. but im not sure what ill do yet

cheers all

alex

The tank looks beautiful! I can't wait to see how the archers look in there.

Most reactions

Back