New 300L Aquarium

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cambojnr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I finally got my biggish tank that I always wanted because it was reduced for the new models next year, got my self a 300l Aqua one aquarium with filter and heater included since that's all they seem to sell in australia, got my sand in and it half filled, just getting the water clean with my two barley used fluval internal filters while I search for a nice piece of wood to go in.

Hopefully before christmas I will be transferring my fish from my 120l tank in to this then using that as a quarantine tank before the new arrivals go in to the main tank, plan on just leaving the Fluval U2 running in the main to get a good colony of bacteria in it so I can just get a few new fish then put that in the quarantine tank along side the tetra tec ex700 to keep that tank nice for new fishes.

My plan for it is to just up my stocks of sterbais corys to about 15-20 and fireheads to about 25-30, just keeping the one bristlenose and adding some Angels, but still not sure on stocking, open to suggestions, also not sure on the scape yet but will decide when I find a nice piece of wood.
image.jpg

Munroco said:
Looks good. I like the idea of so many Sterbais, whats the measurements of tank?
the dimensions are 1170 x 470 x 600, and I just gotta find the sterbais wrongly labeled again so I can get them cheap $20 each correctly labled, $7 wrongly labled and went to a new store the other day that was recommended to me for cheap sand and what do you know wrongly labled sterbais, and the thing I liked about this store was that most of there tanks were individualy filtered.

Thats very expensive. Mine cost £9 per pair, I got 6 of them for £25 which is probably about $35

Munroco said:
Thats very expensive. Mine cost £9 per pair, I got 6 of them for £25 which is probably about $35
£25 is about $47 aussie dollars $1.80 to a £1, they are pretty pricey fish out here, I really wanted cardinals in the beginning but have never seen them in any shops.

Driving home from work and seen a random fish store went in and got this beaut for $32, now the new wood is just soaking in some warm water in the tub to kill any bugs. Now just gotta hope I can get it in ☺️
image.jpg

2 people and a bit of swearing and it's in, as the braces on top made it a tight squeeze.
image.jpg

Was going to transfer the fish today, but tested the water in the tank and for some reason ammonia was 0.25ppm, just cleaned out the filter from the 120 and put some of the media in the internal to clear up the ammonia. Wil be testing everyday and one ammonia is 0ppm, I will be transferring the fish to the new tank, and then going to get some new fish the quarantine in the 120 the next day. Also added my plants yesterday will post some pics when it's dark.

Good score on the wood, very nice!

Will be watching this :)

Got some val on the left which I hope will do well, grow nice and long to sort of shade to bottoms abit, and on the right is something I forgot the name of, just hope it fill out the right hand side of the year and and hide the heater, and will also be a nice area for fish to hide. Still want to get something for the foreground, but undecided on what to get, maybe something on the wood aswell like anubais, but might just leave it bare as it's a nice piece with noting on it.
image.jpg

Most reactions

Back