Never Get Tired Of A Fish?

My senegal bichir. He's one evil little dude... saying that, if you're in Alabama, USA, and want one, you can have mine for free :D . Then again, the gas it'd take to get here would probably cost more than just buying the bichir at a pet store :lol: . Sorry for the hijack.

Bored, maybe a little sometimes. All of the deinzens of my 20 gallon Heavily Planted Amazon tank like to hide way to much. I gett pissed off at some fish - ottos starving while the algae turns the back of the tank from black to green, f'rinstance, or Chinese Algae Eaters that chase the Harlequins out of the tank, (those when back to Petco when they were about 4" long. It was that or catfood.) And would my male guppy please keep his gonopodium in his pants? I have guppy fry coming out my ears.

Still, if they didn't engage me enough to bug the snot out of me from time to time, they wouldn't be interesting.

And I do love my loaches and plecos. :wub:

I got a 45 gallon with a 5" Painted Turtle, a 1.5" snapping turtle, a few 3-5" channel cats, and a 4" sunfish and I kind of get bored with them because I can't put much else with them... but I could never get rid of them! Especially the turtles! Lately the catfish have became nocturnal and mess up all of the decorations... so does the painted turtle. But I'm not really bored of them... I kind of wish I had another tank with tropicals... but I could never get rid of teh turtles... so I guess that does mean I'm not bored.
Sorry for the rambling lol. :D

I got a 45 gallon with a 5" Painted Turtle, a 1.5" snapping turtle, a few 3-5" channel cats, and a 4" sunfish and I kind of get bored with them because I can't put much else with them... but I could never get rid of them! Especially the turtles! Lately the catfish have became nocturnal and mess up all of the decorations... so does the painted turtle. But I'm not really bored of them... I kind of wish I had another tank with tropicals... but I could never get rid of teh turtles... so I guess that does mean I'm not bored.
Sorry for the rambling lol. :D
I hear you about the turtle. I have a 5" painted turtle that will be going back to the lake from whence it came next spring. (My girls are OK with this.) Then I get to do a 75 gallon Amazon tank (w00t!)

I have to admit that I am a little bored with my silver hatchet fish. they just hang out in one place and don't interact at all with the other fish even over food. I realised that I was bored with them when one disappeared, it had jumped out through a very small hole in the cover and I eventually found it in the tray that holds the lights. That reduced their numbers from 3 to 2 but i won't bother replacing it. My glass catfish have also begun hiding away all the time but i am planning to increase them from 3 to 5 to encourage them to come out a bit more.
I have mainly varieties of silver and black fish, but my favorite is a green pleco and I do have neons for a splash of colour.
I would like to keep discus when I am more experienced but would hate the thought of them ending up being boring, does anyone know if they have distinct characters like plecos seem to?
DD

I love mine -i know that because i get sad when i lose one of them. Except those golden algae eaters like chibli-i couldnt wait to get rid of them!!!! :angry:

Im getting bored of my guppies tbh. i just think that they look quite unnatural & i cant have fin nippers in there.. mind you im still sad if one dies though !

I've got a few I'm tired of but at the same time split on whether to sell them to the LFS for credit or keep them til they die...

Most reactions

Back