Need Some Help With My New Tank..to Be

soulreaver4

Reaction score
Im new to the fish world and id like some help from you guys.

I plan on breeding angelfish! However id like to have a couple of loaches and a small school of another species. Could some1 suggest which species would be compatible with my angels and loaches?I was thinking mayb a school of tetras to add that flash of colour.
I also need some help picking out a suitable size tank,substrate,lighting,food and a filtration system (i dint miss anything essential did i?). I plan on making it a planted tank.

At leat a minimum of 40 gallons as clownl loaches grow to 30 cm and they

have to be kept in groups of 6 or more.

if you want clown loaches, go for a 100 gallon or 400 litres
substrate, sand is best for loaches
lighting is not really a factor unless your planning for plants
food, a good quality flake/pellet food, and lots of frozen/live foods like bloodworms

take a look at this:
it has 2 WPG lighting (good)
filter (very good)
and comes with a heater

http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/rio.htm?cat=8

It all depends on what type of Loach you want to keep. There are many different types and it doesn't have to be Clown Loaches.
As I said in your other thread, the bigger the tank, the better.
Most tanks come as a package with filtration and heating included but if buying seperate, then aim for overfiltering the tank. I have double the filtration on my tanks and have found I have very few problems.
Substrate is a personal preference although with Loaches, you are best using sand or a fine gravel as many like to burrow.
When choosing Tetras, avoid anything small and slim-bodied as it may become lunch for your Angels. Also avoid anything that nips fins.

Id love clown loaches but im not so sure of availability where i live. The fish shops in the area dont have the most diverse fish. If i can find them then id definately buy them.However do clown loaches NEED to be kept in groups of 6 or more. or can there be a smaller group?
Also for the angels..How many is a good number to get them to breed succesfully?

I plan on getting a custom tank as i wont be able to get the juwel because i live in india and there arent any dealers here =(
which 'company/make' and type of filter should i go for?If i do get 2 im guessing 2 different kinds would be the best way to go,but which 2 types should i chose from?

P.S- Could some1 identify this fish for me?

Id love clown loaches but im not so sure of availability where i live. The fish shops in the area dont have the most diverse fish. If i can find them then id definately buy them.However do clown loaches NEED to be kept in groups of 6 or more. or can there be a smaller group?
Also for the angels..How many is a good number to get them to breed succesfully?

I plan on getting a custom tank as i wont be able to get the juwel because i live in india and there arent any dealers here =(
which 'company/make' and type of filter should i go for?If i do get 2 im guessing 2 different kinds would be the best way to go,but which 2 types should i chose from?

Personally I have just two clown loaches and they get along fine and seem happy. They are better in larger groups, but I got mine as a rescue from a friend.

I only have a solitary angel as I didn't want to breed, but I have been told that the "more the merrier" works (normally aim around the 6 mark as it allows them to pair off a bit more). Once you get a breeding pair, then you can seperate these from the others.

There are a few people on here who breed angels, sure that someone will be able to come up with expert advise.

Tank wise, I have been through a couple of the juwels and they are v good quality, but I always run the internal filter and also an external to overfilter them. Wouldn't leave the internal just on it's own.

Most reactions

Back