need some advice

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
actually 2 of them are going crazy tonite I did a normal wc 2 nites ago and this evening one of my ten gallon and my 20 gallon started to have high levels of ammonia 2.0 and the nitrites are at the same level 2.0 I have been taking fish out of these tanks and putting them in my 55 gallon that just finished cycling I have took 1 angel fish out of the 20 gallon and the baby pleco out of the 10 gallon I cant see why they would go crazy like this for no reason could some one tell me what is going on or could some one give me some ideal as to how to make these tanks get back on track again.

soz i dont know much about the nitrogen cycle but doesnt it evetually go back to having amonia and nitrites the nitrates again?

anything happen to your filter?

How much water did you change and have you added anynew fish recently? You could have sent it off on a mini cycle.

It sounds like you have lost a large portion of your nitrifying bacteria,did you do a gravel clean with the water changes? Are there any fish still in these tanks? It could be that when you fed the remaining fish (if there are any) you over fed due to not taking the moved fish into account.

i was forgetting about the fish being gone the level has went down to .50 ammonia and 1.0 nitrites today I dont feed me fish but every other day. do you guys think I am starving my fish by feeding them like that. It sure makes a big difference when it comes to getting fungus and things like that when I was feeding them everyday I was having all kinds of trouble with them being sick and parasites all the time.

No you're hardly starving them. An adult fish can go for up to a week without feeding, easily. Many people make the mistake of overfeeding their fish. Just one flake of food is a huge meal to a small fish.

I just feel so guilty seeing them beg me all the time I was starting to think that I was starving them my tanks is finally starting to get lined back out the ammonia is 0 now and the nitrites are at .50 it is about time I still cant get the nitrates down they are 80 with regular water changes and it runs 0 out of the tap I cant figure out what is causing my tanks to go crazy now since it is so close to moving all my fish around it seems like I cant win for losing

I went to my personl info and I clicked on choose an avator then it showed up all these cool little pictures andI just clicked on this one, it is pretty cool.

Most reactions

Back