NEED INFO ON BLACK SHARK

CRAZED55

Reaction score
I AM BUYING A BLACK SHARK NOT AN RTB. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE W/ THIS FISH OR HAS KNOWN ANYONE TO HAVE ONE THAT COULD GIVE ME ANY TYPE OF PERSONAL INFO. I KNOW THE GROW ANYWHERE FROM 25" TO 35" AND ARE OMINVORIOUS.

They can reach 2' quite easily and from several reports I have heard they are very aggressive and will attack and kill most other tankmates or at least severly stress. Because of this it is best to provide them with an adaquetly large tank with no other tankmates or a few large individual tankmates that can defend themselves.

like we have said earlier on this week when someone else was on about them the one i know about is 17 years old, lives by himself (cause he eats anything that gets in his way or harress's the fish to death) even a massive plec that we tried with him you will need a massive tank with no decs because he will rip them right up this one is about two foot long and like i have said real nasty,

you will need a big mutha tank, patience and experience with fish

my thoughts only but they are experiences we have had so be careful :p

Very agressive shark that grows really really fast, you could prolly keep it with cichlid that have the same agression. ie: ones that could defend themselfs and show it whos boss.
Jag, Red Devil, Midas, Festae are a couple that dont take s#*t

now then vip not to diss you @ all but in billy the black sharks tank we have tried
Jag, Red Devil, Midas cichs and they would of got bullied to death had we left him in the tank like i say not argueing with you just giving ours as a example

Your kidding me right? thats one agressive shark there dude. I was reading up about what you posted just then and i couldnt belive the temper on that thing man.
Talk about agressive!
I got three of them, but i only ever talk about one of them cause its the best looking one i have, but one of the other two i have is bigger and more agressive of the bunch, and i have to admit it has stuck up for itself against my midas.
So yeah who knows maybe it might be king of the tank soon.

Black sharks are more than capable of destroying even aggressive cichlids like RD's and midas cichlids, i kept mine with snakeheads, bichirs and a tilapia buttikofferi and it would make them all run for cover if they entered its half of the 75g tank they shared. They are best kept alone and will need a tank of at least 75g.

WAS READING AND FOUND THAT I COULD PUT TETRAS IN WITH IT
LIKE CONGOS AND SOME RAINBOW FISH, MARCI,AND COUPLE OF OTHERS
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK
:fun:

CRAZED55 said:
WAS READING AND FOUND THAT I COULD PUT TETRAS IN WITH IT
LIKE CONGOS AND SOME RAINBOW FISH, MARCI,AND COUPLE OF OTHERS
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK
:fun:
I think NO! They wouldn't stand a chance, if as others have said the fish can threaten and kill fish half or even the same size then the Tetras wouldn't last very long.

:D black sharks are very large aggresive fish that were once banned

like cfc said they can have a snakehead running for cover a 75g tank???

sounds too small for a black shark for me 400gal maybee

:crazy: alright tried alittle experiment this weekend. i added some giant danios and some neon rosy barbs in with my black shark. they re doin great. they were chased around alittle at first but getting along now. going to add a couple more target fish
latter this week. I'll let you know what happens.

HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY BLACK SHARK. HAVE NOT SEEN IT EAT YET. I HAVE PLENTY OF LIVE PLANTS IN THERE, ALSO TRIED FLAKE FOOD AND SOME FROZEN BRINE SHRIMP. STILL HAS NOT EATEN CAN ANYONE HELP??

maybe its eaten its fill on ur other fish??? have u done a head count since?

also... how come ur first follow on post wasnt in caps, and then ur last comment was in caps.

i must piont this out to u, do u not understand its harder to read a post when in caps.
half the ppl who have probably read ur topic wouldnt carry on reading it because ur always writing in caps. :blink:

sorry i am at work and forget to trurn off cap before writing
have to do things in as hurry

my head count is fine

my shark is not carnivorous, he is omnivorious and will only eat plants

tried feeding him feeders at the store and would not take

any other advise

Most reactions

Back