NEED HELP IDENTIFYING THIS

Cichlido

Reaction score
I have two oscars in a 7 foot tank. Its a temporary tank while renovating the house. They sometimes fight for dominance so it has happened that their fins get a lil roughed up. Yesterday i saw the fish had some white spots on their pectoral fins so i thought it could be ich. Then i saw a video on yt from tje fksh doctor explaining it can be fractures in the pectoral fins. Anyone who can assure me wwhat axactly the problem with my fish is. They show no abnormal signs and they still eat.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.png
    IMG_0178.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 2,435
  • IMG_0177.png
    IMG_0177.png
    330.3 KB · Views: 36
It looks to me like it's sitting right on the fin ray. That's usually scar tissue from injuries. It isn't ich.

It suggests you may need 2 tanks when the reno's done, if they are doing damage in a 7 footer.

It's not white spot

The second picture the fish has some white marks on its face. Are they actually on the fish or on the glass?
If they are on the fish that could be the start of hole in the head disease or something else. Need more pics to try to ID it properly.

It's not white spot

The second picture the fish has some white marks on its face. Are they actually on the fish or on the glass?
If they are on the fish that could be the start of hole in the head disease or something else. Need more pics to try to ID it properly.
That just the reflection of the glass i think. Gonna check it when im home again. Btw thx fo answering i really appreciate it

It's not white spot

The photo is not that clear but i’ve got a severum in there as well that has these marks aswel. Hope to get a 100% certainty that it’s just fin fractures.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.png
    IMG_0213.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0212.png
    IMG_0212.png
    365.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0211.png
    IMG_0211.png
    423.9 KB · Views: 27
It's not a disease. It's either calcium deposits caused by keeping the fish in hard water, or damage to the fin rays (like fractured bones but fractured fin rays).

It's not a disease. It's either calcium deposits caused by keeping the fish in hard water, or damage to the fin rays (like fractured bones but fractured fin rays).
Weird cause i’ve had these fish for years and i’ve been using the same water for years. Then it’s probably caused by them fighting. Do you think it’s a good idea to put dividers in the tank to and sepparate the fish to see if it goes away? Or is there another way to treat the fractures?

If the fish are fighting, they should be separated to prevent serious injury or even death.

It's not fungus and not a disease I have seen before. But I have seen thickening of fin rays in fish that look like the fins in the pictures you posted.

It's not fungus and not a disease I have seen before. But I have seen thickening of fin rays in fish that look like the fins in the pictures you posted.
And is it dangerous and how should it be treated? Sorry for the spam of questions. Just feeling worried about my fishs health

Just fresh clean water and some space away from each other 👍🏻 get them separated as soon as you're able, they're just going to keep beating each other up

And is it dangerous and how should it be treated? Sorry for the spam of questions. Just feeling worried about my fishs health
It is not a disease and is not contagious. It won't spread to other fish. It's a symptom of either fighting or hard water.

It's not dangerous and you don't treat it. Just keep the tank clean and if the fish are fighting, separate them.

It is not a disease and is not contagious. It won't spread to other fish. It's a symptom of either fighting or hard water.

It's not dangerous and you don't treat it. Just keep the tank clean and if the fish are fighting, separate them.
The white spots still arent gone. Is it normal or not?

If it's calcium deposits or damaged fin rays then it is there forever. It's like scar tissue and won't go away.

Most reactions

Back