Nat's 125 Litre Juwel Rio Marine!

well i would just put all of the lr in the filter as you dont have any live stock in the tank.

I agree, Salifert are the better ones :good: does anyone live near Nat and could check her water for her?

I'm glad you are chalking this up to experience nat, it is so easy to be downhearted when you lose a lovely fish

Seffie x

ps

Twinstar :hi: to TFF and the salty side of life - we would love you to start a journel in the 'Journel section' so we can both help and follow your tank journey :good:

As Harry has already said, take out all the foam, dont replace with balls or noodles, replace with Live rock rubble. As long as you have Live rock in your main display tank then go right ahead and remove the foam straight away

Thanks Seffie :good: I will start a journal.

Ok, i am going to take all of the sponges out today and replace with lr and put the white pads on top of that. Should i keep the cage with the little balls in it? Also, should i put the lr in small nets/bags so i can remove them easily to clean?

I am still only testing for nitrites at the min. My lfs said that i dont need to test for nitrates or ammonia yet but i have a feeling that i should be testing for these now?

Thanks

i would put them in nets to make it easy to clean :good: take the balls out :lol: :rolleyes: i wouldnt keep them.

Sorry Nat :blush:

I have just realised that this is your journal. Sorry for hijacking.

That's ok Twinstar :)

I've been having a look at different corals that I want and I'd really like a Torch or Frogspawn Coral, Florida Ricordea and some nice Zoanthids/Button Polyps. I already have some Button Polyps that are doing well in my tank that came on the rock, but they're brown and I really want brightly coloured coral.

I think I might start with the Florida Ricordea as it sounds the easiest to care for etc. First of all though I'm going to get:
1 x Juwel Marine White 28w (590mm)
1 x Juwel Marine Blue 28w (590mm)

I've been having a look at different corals that I want and I'd really like a Torch or Frogspawn Coral, Florida Ricordea and some nice Zoanthids/Button Polyps. I already have some Button Polyps that are doing well in my tank that came on the rock, but they're brown and I really want brightly coloured coral.

I think I might start with the Florida Ricordea as it sounds the easiest to care for etc. First of all though I'm going to get:

Good idea Nat 1 thing to be careful with Zoas is they need a good blue light, I have seen it myself where you look at a stunning multicolour Zoa in a shop take it hope put it in your tank and it looks brown not to sure what range in the spectrum the Juwel bulbs are but it should be ok :good:

Good idea Nat 1 thing to be careful with Zoas is they need a good blue light, I have seen it myself where you look at a stunning multicolour Zoa in a shop take it hope put it in your tank and it looks brown not to sure what range in the spectrum the Juwel bulbs are but it should be ok :good:

Thanks for that. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the bulbs are going to be T5's with a colour temperature of 20000 Kelvin.

I've just ordered my bulbs!

1 x T5 Juwel Marine White 28w (590mm) 15000 Kelvin.
1 x T5 Juwel Blue 28w (590mm) 20000 Kelvin.

Does anyone recommend anywhere I can order coral online? Or is it best to just keep checking in my LFS on a regular basis?

some online coral places are good....depends what you want first?
usually the what you see is what you get ones are best, rather than the stock picture places.

some online coral places are good....depends what you want first?
usually the what you see is what you get ones are best, rather than the stock picture places.

Thanks Ben, yeah I saw some WYSIWYG sites. I think I'm going to go for a Florida Ricordea first :)

good choice I;ve had a ricordea for 3 weeks and it loks great

fishmansfrags is a good place for corals (thats what i have heard) link http://www.fishmansfrags.co.uk/shop.html

Most reactions

Back