Nat's 125 Litre Juwel Rio Marine!

peppermints dont always do it either, i got some true ones...they are more fussed about fish food :lol:

True. There are mixed reports. The one I had in my 180L tank cleared all the aiptasia out. Camel shrimps will also feed on them... and then start munching on your other corals too lol.

pics are looking good nat!!!!

I have been trying to upload some pics but having trouble. I can only attach 100kb on any one post so if i wanna post a few then they will be tiny.

How do you post yours and make them large?

cheers :good:

pics are looking good nat!!!!

I have been trying to upload some pics but having trouble. I can only attach 100kb on any one post so if i wanna post a few then they will be tiny.

How do you post yours and make them large?

cheers :good:

Get yourself a photobucket account. Its free and you can upload images up to 1mb in size if you alter the settings. It will then provide you with a URL address for the picture. You can either post that in here and then add the the [ img] [/ img] code yourself so that it looks something like this [ img]http://www.yourimage...com/picture.jpg [/ img] (without the spaces) or copy and past the precoded address, directly into your post.

How often should I be putting food in at the moment? All my CUC at the moment are picking away at the rocks and the tiny bits of algae that's in here. I'm assuming there won't be enough to feed them at the moment though?

Eltz: Yeah what AK said. I use imageshack which you don't even need an account for, which is handy!

How often should I be putting food in at the moment? All my CUC at the moment are picking away at the rocks and the tiny bits of algae that's in here. I'm assuming there won't be enough to feed them at the moment though?

Eltz: Yeah what AK said. I use imageshack which you don't even need an account for, which is handy!

Hi Nat,

If they're picking away at the algae, then their eating and doing their job. You can if you like, suppliment their diet with some pellet food. I'd recommend the Ocean Nutrician pellet food (its the one with the green lid). The pellets are about 1-2mm in size. Just plop one near a hermit every other day for now. That way they will be cleaning your rocks and you are ensuring they are getting fed too. The pellet food will be great for your shrimp and fish love it because of the garlic in it.

bc02.gif

thanks guys. i have been getting frustrated all day trying to work it out :devil:

Tonight I'm going to my LFS to get some more of my CUC.

1 x Peppermint Shrimp (hopefully a genuine one)
1 x Blood Shrimp
1 x Cleaner Shrimp

I'm also going to have a look at the snails to see if there's anything else. I didn't see many other types the other day so I'll have a look. I think I've got 2 different types of turbo snail at the moment. 2 of them just sit on the glass and hardly move, and one of them just stays in a cave and cleans the rocks. I've got a feeling it might be a Mexican Turbo Snail but I'm not sure.

Don't be surprised if you never see the peppermint. Mine was very reclusive, as was one of my fireshrimp.

Also, I'd add the cleaner shrimp at one end of the tank and the fire shrimp at the other. The peppermint and the cleaner will play nicely but, I always found the fire shrimps to be quite territorial and would charge at the other shrimps if they came near.

Don't be surprised if you never see the peppermint. Mine was very reclusive, as was one of my fireshrimp.

Also, I'd add the cleaner shrimp at one end of the tank and the fire shrimp at the other. The peppermint and the cleaner will play nicely but, I always found the fire shrimps to be quite territorial and would charge at the other shrimps if they came near.

Lol ok. There were no peppermint shrimp left in the end (grr) so I've ended up getting a Striped Shrimp as my LFS said that they had an aiptasia problem before and the Striped Shrimp cleared it up. Hopefully mine will do the same but I'm not too convinced. Just acclimatising them all now ^-^ Have spent quite a bit on all these little critters so think I'll leave it for a while now!

Hi Nat,

Striped Shrimp? You'll have to get a picture up. I hope its not a camel shrimp

I'm pretty sure it's not a camel shrimp. Here's a pic...

1006656.jpg

Yup its not a camel. I don't know what species you have there. Did you ask if it was reef safe?

Yup its not a camel. I don't know what species you have there. Did you ask if it was reef safe?

Hmm how mysterious. No I didn't ask, but I'm not planning on getting coral in the near future.

Most reactions

Back