Nano Or Pico

chr15_8

Fish Herder
Reaction score
ive been thinking about setting up a nano for a while now but need abit of help

ive got a 13 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 8 (l X w X d) internal measurements)

ive worked it out after gravel etc to be about 2.25 gallons (10.24litres) is this a nano or pico?

im going to get a 25 watt heater
a filter ive seen someone on here with a eden 501 and thinking about getting this for it

lights im abit stuck on im not going with co2 at the moment
ive been advised the ones which clip onto the glass but ive made a hood for it so i carnt clip them on

ive seen this on ebay and wondered if anyone knew the make or how deep it was

link

or these (would have to be the 9 inch tube due to the size of the hood inside) think i would have to get 2 (4 watt ones)
link

does anyone know where i can get these tubes from?

i was thinking about a simple dwarf hairgrass design with maybe one or two slightly taller plants opions?

sorry for the essay but i want to get everything correct first

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Would think either of those would be fine, but I like the neatness of the first one.

Sam

what about this? link

They bulbs have the same fitting as the arcadia compact flourescents so you could change the bulbs. I used two fo these on my 15 gal

what about this? link

They bulbs have the same fitting as the arcadia compact flourescents so you could change the bulbs. I used two fo these on my 15 gal

carnt becuase of the hood ive built

Would think either of those would be fine, but I like the neatness of the first one.

Sam

thats why i liked it

think im going for the same as george used on his nano as its about the same size and dint relise they were so small!

But surely if you get the first one, then you'd not need a hood as well?

Sam

did think that too

but i think a tank looks uncomplete and the light goes all over the place without hoods but then again ive seen some amazing tanks without

well ive bought a 25w heater some pond soil and some stones (bit bigger than i wanted) andf also built a little slate wall (not sure how its going to look)

Most reactions

Back