Nano Fish

Hate to be the first to ask but which are shrimp safe?

Just it seems to me that most of questions asked along these lines are for tanks with shrimp in too so even a rating out of 10 towards estimating shrimp compatibility e.g. ottos 9.9 (apparently totally safe). Sorry for piling more work on to this thread :crazy: but it would then be a fantastic resource for the nano tank keeper :good:

PS. I could add that in my experience endlers will hurt the shrimp population (especially the females), used my shrimp tank as a grow out tank - didn't work out too good for the shrimp so my contribution would be males 6 and females 3 on the shrimp safety scale.

Keep trying to find this, for reference. Given that there are always questions asked about the smaller tanks. Could I request this be pinned somewhere? It'll be easier to develop too.

Juggler, IMO. The shrimp information is not worth in researching towards as the majority if those fish are guaranteed to be safe and there are many types if environments that some would certainly be safe in where as different environments will leave the succetable to attack from the other fish

Also, maybe it would be worth to post in the TFF topics sections?

Whilst it's great to see people putting the effort in produce resources for other users, I think fair number of fish on this list aren't really suitable for small tanks. Most tetras and rasboras, for example, are very active fish that need a decent size tank to have space to swim in.

Ach, sorry. Didn't mean to put a downer on anything, and I think the list was a good starting point. I just felt the need to caution against falling into the small fish = small tank trap.

Please FF2, its a good starting point. Whilst BigTom might have a point with the nano tanks, the OP did say up to 15G and it is up to us to research further the needs and compatibility from that list.

Most reactions

Back