Name A Few Good Ro Systems Please?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

goldfinger

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to start my invertabrate tank soon and already have a UV lighting so just wanted to know what RO systems are out there?
I'm on a budget but I'll be travelling to Hong kong in a few weeks time where  I should be able to source a cheap system but I know not what to look for 5 stage 4 stage etc....?
Still lot of research to do, but hey tell me what works please, plus I'm guessing I will be looking for non proprietary systems as I can't come home to buy specific replacement media.
Also protein skimmer is on my radar.
125l tank live rock and no marine fish just hardshells?
Thanks

4 stage with DI is the best RO system you can get. Avoid cheap units, It costs you more money. 

The non cheap units allow you to remove the filter casings with ease and replace the filters as where the cheaps ones you must buy a entire unit instead of replacing filters.

Thanks Techen for the advice any specifics I should look out for as in the world of RO units never seen one or used one in my life, but the mechanics is simple enough though. 
 What brands to look out for as such?
The only one thats been mentioned are the KINETICO  ones?
and a fluval protein skimmers?

I was looking at a bubble Magnus C3.5 protein skimmer @ 100l-300l whats the concensus on size for a 125l tank ?

I got my RODI unit from Vyair. They have great service, their products are great too. I would definitely recommend them.

I run a Bubble Magus 3.5 on my 155L tank and it runs great.

Most reactions

Back