My Wee Journal

Bit.Fishy

Reaction score
Finally got my tank today... Went to pick it up lastnight but when i arrive at the garden center i was told they sold the tank they'd reserved for me...but they still had a black juwel cabinet that comes with it,so i went ahead and took that home and built it up lastnight.

Juwel Rio 180L
Filter - Heating - BioFlow 3.0

Decor So Far.
Cream Coloured Rock (Worm Rock?)
Black Fine Grain Substrate

Future Decore Plans.
More Rocks
Still Thinking :)

Anyway heres where I am so far... tank filled,sabstrate added and a wee bit of aquascaping.

Going to wait a day or so to let the dust settle,then I'm going to begin cycling it

1tank-far.jpg

2fulltank2.jpg

3rocks-angle.jpg

4Rocks1.jpg

Comments Welcome :)

Thanks for looking

thanks...ive been looking at cichlids,yes the malawi ones,in particular the blue one ( Sciaenochromis ahli ) and the yellow ( Labidochromis caeruleus ) i hear the blue can get to 30cm which i would think would be too big for my tank tho...
im still looking into stocking really...i do love the look of the cichlids,but size and agression (not having a huge choice of tank mates) is putting me off a bit... we shall see :)

thanks :) i will be keeping it realativly simple,just going to build on the rocks a bit more (will be using some kind of glue/bonding agent cuz they are heavy n we dont want any flat fish lol) few plants,most likely not real lol. when i do glue the rocks ill be creating lots of hiding/shelter places in and around the rocks,to make up for my lack of planting.
after doing some more reading i think ill be upgrading the filter to an external incase i get a pleco...or 2 ( of the smaller varieties) :D i hear they are dirty

I quick update,I've added more rock (i dont think ill be adding more) and started to add some colour to the setup.
Now all I need is fish lol (hurry up cycle!!! lol)

thanks for looking :)
aqua-scape1.jpg

lots of hiding places/routes through the rocks (still playing around with thier position at the moment)
aqua-scape2.jpg

A closer look
aqua-scape3.jpg

Im quite Happy with it so far :)

from
1tank-far.jpg

to
aqua-scape2.jpg

comments and sugestions welcome

Thanks Against..

Another Small Update: Got a new filter...External..the Tetratec EX1200. Up and Running alongside My internal.

Forgive the paint on the carpet..I was meant to re-carpet the room before the tank went in.now i have to wait for a big water change to move the %#!~#% thing lol
Filter.jpg

Intake-Pipe.jpg

Spray-Bar.jpg

Had to Modify the rear hood flaps to accomidate the intake and inlet pipes..Had to get the dremel out! lol
Flap-Open.jpg

Flap-Mod.jpg

Cheers :)

Most reactions

Back