My Top Ten Photos

Fantastic photos! Might have to get a new camera, they make mine look incredibly bad!
Very inspiring, I want to try my hand at a planted tank in the New Year.

Ahhh, I thought I recognised some of these from the recent 'low tech' PFK article. The controversy! :D
"Mid-tech" actually, and the photos used in PFK were taken from my tank when I used the techniques I described i.e. yeast-based CO2, internal filter (Juwel) etc.

Nice of you to notice though! ;)

ahhh, put my foot in my mouth there. :hey: I assumed these photos were taken from a high tech tank. Makes them even more impressive now!

Ahhh, I thought I recognised some of these from the recent 'low tech' PFK article. The controversy! :D
"Mid-tech" actually, and the photos used in PFK were taken from my tank when I used the techniques I described i.e. yeast-based CO2, internal filter (Juwel) etc.

Nice of you to notice though! ;)

ahhh, put my foot in my mouth there. :hey: I assumed these photos were taken from a high tech tank. Makes them even more impressive now!

dont worry i thought the same when reading PFK but kept my gob shut!! LOL glad i did now.

seen them many times before but they never loose their impact. the early dutch tank was my inspiration to go planted in the first place!

George , What substrate do you have under the Glossostigma elatinoides ?

And have you added any tabs of any kind etc ?

The tanks and plants all look great !

Richie

i think that was ADA Aquasoil (i personally uprooted that glosso carpet from georges tank - he he that was fun) if i remember correctly and it was ADA aquasoil no root tabs would be needed, all nutrients are in the substrate.

i may be wrong though it might have been laterite covered with black gravel.

i dont know why i'm getting involved anyway, sorry... george will be along soon i expect.

Substrate was Dennerle Deponit topped with 1-3mm black quartz. I've not tried Aqua Soil yet.

Thanks everyone. I have a feeling I'll be amending my top ten soon though. ;)

dont worry i thought the same when reading PFK but kept my gob shut!! LOL glad i did now.

Haha, I thought this was another case of PFK inability to print anything but pretty pretty pictures. Its not a problem until they discuss fish disease then print a picture of a perfectly healthy fish for that article. Ive not been buying it for too long so I may be off the mark there. :look:

Haha, I thought this was another case of PFK inability to print anything but pretty pretty pictures. Its not a problem until they discuss fish disease then print a picture of a perfectly healthy fish for that article. Ive not been buying it for too long so I may be off the mark there. :look:
They try to print relevant photos. They do print diseased fish pics too.

One of PFK's "best" attributes is its use of photos IMHO - it gives the mag its glossy look and keeps from too "textbook". Their regular photographer, Neil Hepworth is a talent indeed. He and Jeremy Gay will be visiting to photograph my nano soon.

Then there's my daughter's low/mid-tech tank............:D

Wow, look at you. No filters and whatnot. Great job, just the man to answer my phospate question... ;-)

Thanks everyone.

I've just got a new camera, a Nikon P4. It's a powerful compact with loads of great features ideal for aquarium photography. I originally planned a DSLR but just don't have the spare time to do it justice.

I'm in the middle of moving house, but hope to get some photos of my latest aquascape soon.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back