My tank stand

fishfeind

Reaction score
Here is what I may building for my tank, I don't know if I should go with this or a welded one from my LFS.

any suggestions?

Attachments

• tankstand.jpg
    tankstand.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 43
sorry I can't help you I know basically nothing about stuff like that, are you gonna put some kind of plexi glass or something to protect that wood??

I like the looks of that. you might want to try posting this in the Hardware section also, they might be of more help.

Hi fishfiend. :)

That's a very attractive stand and practical, too, because it will give you some storage space for all the odds and ends you can accumulate keeping aquariums.
If you add a shelf or too it will be even more functional. :thumbs:

The advantage to using a purchased metal stand is that it will have a shelf on the bottom that can hold another tank or two, which may be usefull if you want to breed any of your fish. Or let's face it, fishkeeping is addictive and you may want another tank for no reason at all. :lol:

Thanks for the comments,

Mike777; I thought to cover all the wood in automotive clearcoat, that should protect it good, eh?

Inchworm; I'm going to put the wet\dry trickle filter underneath, and then all the other stuff. I can't agree with you more, fishkeeping is addictive, this is my fourth tank, I put everything in the second largest one, and am using the two leftover as wet\dry filters. this is my biggest one tho, 90 gal!!! :D :hyper: :D

They won't let me put pictures anywhere else, so Im just gonna put the assembly pics here too.
hope nobody will mind.

Attachments

• TankstandDIY.jpg
    TankstandDIY.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 42
Nice looking tank stand. Are you an engineer or something. Looks like a mechanical desktop render.

I would be interested in the part prints or the dimensions.

I made it using 3d studio max, and you can build it to any specs you have, I plan on using 3/4 inch plywood on the sides and inside posts, then on everything else MDF painted with clear coat to seal it. I don't personally like the wood textures much, I just did it so every one could tell what is what.

Most reactions

Back