My Tank is Ready !!

jjsdad

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys!
This is my first post so here goes :D
I have a 20 gallon long that has just finished cycling (fishless thanks to the info I found here) and I was just wondering...?
Is this tank big enough to hold a pair of Rams and a pair of apistos along with a small school of corys and some sort of tetras?
Thanks for any help you can give. B)

That sounds like a lot of fish right away. Usually its best to introduce a few fish at a time to make sure the biofilter does not become overwhelmed.

guppymonkey said:
That sounds like a lot of fish right away. Usually its best to introduce a few fish at a time to make sure the biofilter does not become overwhelmed.
Although caution is always a good idea, if you do fishless cycling properly, theoretically it should be able to cope with a fairly high biolode right away. Just don't leave it too long between stopping "feeding" the beneficial bacteria and stocking the tank, otherwise the bacteria will die off again.

I'm sure that I'm OK as far as the tank being cycled. I was more interested in knowing if the rams and apistos could co-exist peacefully in the same tank. :blink:
Thanks

jjsdad said:
I'm sure that I'm OK as far as the tank being cycled. I was more interested in knowing if the rams and apistos could co-exist peacefully in the same tank. :blink:
Thanks
If they're cichlids, try posting to the New World cichlid forum.

Hi There

i think you need to keep adding amonia, Im putting in a little each day whilst i wait for my pesky nitrites to start falling.

Most reactions

Back