My Stocking Ideas

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

golfzzin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Recently i have upgraded from a fluval edge to an juwel rio 240. Im not going to be adding anymore fish just yet as im showing trace nitrite level in the tank (transfering the media from the old tank didn't work for me).

But once im done im thinking long term about what i would like (and what my girlfriend wants too)

So...

20 x Neon Tetra (got 10 already)

15 - 20 x Galaxy Rasbora (got 4 at the moment)

10 x emperor tetra (got 2 at the moment, these swam in to the bag when i was buying other fish)

5+ x otto's (got 2 at the moment)

then further down the line i would like some smaller chichlids mayby a pair of bolivian rams?

i would be cautious adding cichlids with very small fish like the galaxy rasboras. even smaller cichlids like rams etc will try to snack on them.

i would also be tempted to add some fish lower down in the water column like corydoras or a smaller species of loach :good:

sounds good i go one atm with a jack dempsey black belt and a oscar but i was thinking aswell of shooling fish :) its amazing tank aswell

How about some zebra loaches? Also I have bolivian rams with harlequin rasboras without a problem. They have also bred in the tank. Lovely, interesting fish.

I can highly recommend a pair of breeding Kribensis, very interesting to watch, more so than the Rams :)

How about some zebra loaches? Also I have bolivian rams with harlequin rasboras without a problem. They have also bred in the tank. Lovely, interesting fish.
harlequin rasboras are much bigger than the galaxy rasbora though......

Thanks for all the replys so far :good:

I can highly recommend a pair of breeding Kribensis, very interesting to watch, more so than the Rams :)

How would these be with the galaxy's?

Thanks

Matt

My rams have shared a tank with various young fish... we're talking 0.5cm or so. They've had a go before when they were in breeding mode... but then everyone below the halfway line was a target. Plus their breeding tank is a 60l as opposed to 240.

Personally I think they fish would have plenty of room to move away from the rams. And the rams wouldn't be interested enough to persue them.

However... I do feel that galaxy rasbora (even a large shoal), would look a bit lost in such a large tank.

I'd maybe think of adding 2 pearl gouramis and 4 bolivian rams along with the smaller shoalers and ottos you suggested.

Kribs are fine with small fish, so are rams. Small shoaling fish are known as a dither fish, they make the Kribs feel safe. If dither fish scatter quickly, this alerts the other fish to a potential threat. I'll try get some pics of mine from the big tank, had a change around today to they are little shy this evening!

My rams have shared a tank with various young fish... we're talking 0.5cm or so. They've had a go before when they were in breeding mode... but then everyone below the halfway line was a target. Plus their breeding tank is a 60l as opposed to 240.

Personally I think they fish would have plenty of room to move away from the rams. And the rams wouldn't be interested enough to persue them.

However... I do feel that galaxy rasbora (even a large shoal), would look a bit lost in such a large tank.

I'd maybe think of adding 2 pearl gouramis and 4 bolivian rams along with the smaller shoalers and ottos you suggested.

Know what your saying about the galaxys, but i like that when you look up close at the tank you can start to spot these little guys, sort of adds another dimension to the tank

Kribs are fine with small fish, so are rams. Small shoaling fish are known as a dither fish, they make the Kribs feel safe. If dither fish scatter quickly, this alerts the other fish to a potential threat. I'll try get some pics of mine from the big tank, had a change around today to they are little shy this evening!

Thanks for these replys, will start researching into pearl gouramis, bolivian rams and Kribs now

Thanks again to everyone :good:

Most reactions

Back