My Seneye Review

Thanks Seneye, John, Matt, or whoever... I know you're probably reading these posts on various forums etc as you've just fixed the issues I was having and a few more niggles too. :lol:

Yes - know what it's like and how committed you have to be when starting your own company, having done it myself. We used to scour forums for any reference to our products and issues people were having, and used to clean those up as we went. I'm not saying for sure that's what's happened here, but it's a bit of a coincidence and highly likely.

I've also just searched seneye on LinkedIn and was amazed to find one of the co-founders is already a 3rd degree contact!! So come on Matt, dont be shy, I may even be able to help you. It's a small world... :lol:

Loving my Seneye but wondering what could be causing PH fluctuations?

PH and Ammonia goes up as temp goes up.....

Attachments

• seneye graphs.png
    seneye graphs.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 109
Seneye sent me a detailed email (that I can't find) that explained how pH will vary based on numerous factors. Your pH fluctuations are not large enough to worry about. Same with your Ammonia.

Just got a Seneye home and trying to work out the variations in pH and ammonia.

Did you find that email with the info in - would be quite interested in what they said.

My ammonia is fairly constant at 0.007 but am wondering if that is too high?

I no longer have that email. You can call, email or Skype Seneye and they can explain the pH variations to you. Ammonia's danger level is 0.20 so at 0.007 you have no worries! :good:

Been running a Seneye Reef in my tank for the last week and a half. I feel its doing a really good job of reporting my pH and other parameters. I did test and compare the results to my API kit and it seems pretty dead on. The only changes I made to the interface was to add +1 to my temperature reading (though it could be my digital thermometer is inaccurate) and check the Marine box.

I'm getting readings of NH3 at about .006 and NH4 swinging daily and nightly between 9-15.

The only issue I have, which Seneye support is looking into, is that the reported time I'm receiving for my measurements is off by 5 hours. I'm still getting current updated readings within the half hour, but they are labed as 3:30 pm when its really 8:30 pm.

They had me check my windows time zone and browser time zone. Develepmont is looking into a possible cause. It occurs on both my work and home computers through the seneye.me site. I get accurate time on my mobile device. Kinda of strange.

Looking forward to the new parameters coming soon! So far I love my Seneye! peace of mind!

Most reactions

Back