My Seneye Review

Spoke to John at Seneye - very helpful. Said, as you have K, that the software currently has a predictive element to it which gives the forward thinking red and green. He says that most people who have reported back don't want, or need, this element and they are working on removing it so that the mobile type report will be consistent across the piece. He said that people have reported that they are happier with knowing how things are 'now' rather than 7 hours later, and that they are aware of how things may develop and so would prefer the 'now' bit rater than the 7 hours later bit. Is that waffly or what???

Well I just got a seneye too a few days ago. Yesterday I put the slide in the glass of tank water, I then registered myself on the website and downloaded the program. Now when I connected the seneye to the computer today, nothing happened, the program was running and yet nothing has happened. I left it for an hour.... Still nothing? I guess I'll have to ring them up :(

It turns out that I just needed to run the Seneye program as an administrator! It's all working well now and I already have 5 hours worth of readings. According to the seneye my waters' pH is 8.2!!!! Not good! I'm just hoping that it is a) an error or b) something that will go away quickly! The water in my area is usually very hard, but 8.2 is still ridiculously high..

It's new and NH4 and O2 may come later. But I think it's nice to see but not a deal breaker. NH3 is more important.

Better late than never! Apparently Seneye connect software I was beta testing V1.23 was released (and they didn't tell me!) to public a while ago. Newer version V1.24 may be available as soon as tomorrow.

Most reactions

Back