My Science Fair Rules

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Right now, I'm really interested in some certain ideas. (Fishless cycling, The difference between a healthy life and a bad one with Bettas, and a little ecosphere, and how everything reacts in its ecosystem.

SFRules.jpg

Those are the rules. The limit is 25$. I have two bettas, and my mom has owned them for a long time. I also have a little betta tank, (not even 1g) that I could use if I choose the 2nd topic. I'm just wondering if there are any flaws for me, and how much a 2g would cost? (By itself/ with a filter )

EDIT : Press the magnifying glass in the corner of the picture, to see.

EDITx2: ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I read through the rules again, and apparently I can't use any wall plugs, (filters, heaters, wooosh.) I can only use dry cells.. (Those are batteries right?)

If they are, I have two options. Make a STRONG battery powered generator, orrrrrr ignore filter, or heater details and explain about it into the topic.

):?

Yeah I think dry cells are batteries. You can get battery powered heaters/air pumps but I don't know how much they cost, maybe more than $25 dollars (though the cost is exempt for aquariums so maybe ask your teacher to clarify this point if you decide to go down this route).

You could get a battery powered airpump HERE which I suppose you could rig upto an under gravel filter, which gets your filtration problem sorted but these will prob eat through batteries. Do the batteries themselves have to come out of the $25?

However, no idea about heating / lighting.

What size tank you looking at? For a project like this I'd be thinking the smaller the better.

If at all pos, can you get two small tanks, one going through fishless cycle, one doing a a cycle with a fish included and document the differences in all the levels. If your careful, you could even rig up the airpump so it runs an undergravel in each tankat the same time. Will have as much power as blowing through a straw, but it keeps all the things you do to the tanks constant, apart for the one things that's different which is the fish itself.

Yeah. 2.5g ish tank is fine with me. I'll probably use a sponge filter.

dry cells, are batteries, what i suggest you do is give this company a visit :

Rapid electronics

buy a rechargeable battery, and a solar panel and accessories, you could make your own filter if your clever about it, but a peice of acrylic or perspex and cut to size and but a submersible motor with impeller etc

Like, shipping and stuff? No, I don't think I can.

Can I use like, plastic storage see through bin's as tanks? They're cheap, decently sized, and so on. Would that work?

It sure would work. Run them with sponge filters at home, get a battery powered pump for the fair.

They run a few hours easy, bring an extra set of batteries & you should be good to go.

Battery powered air pump. You can run the same filters with it if you use air driven sponge filters.

Anyway I could make my own air pump? (Battery)

:/, I don't trust shippings, xD

Any decent shop can order one for you if they don't have one in stock. Making one yourself would cost much more than buying one.

Most reactions

Back