My Pond Diary, With Pics :) !

Tokis-Phoenix, how are your pond and garden coming? Have you been able to work out there much yet? Looking forward to more pics! :drool:

Man, that is amazing!!!!

I want something like that in the future!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :drool: :drool:

This has been the most delayed update ever! I haven't been on this forum much over the last year, but i have not forgotten about this thread.

Last year over the course of June and July i started adding goldfish to the pond. The first goldfish to go in the pond were not my tank ones though- the parents of a friend of a friend had a seriously overstocked goldfish pond and were trying to rehome their goldfish so i went down to their place and picked up 8 goldfish (4 white/cream color ones, one of which has red lips, 3 orange ones and 1 black one) and added those to the pond. About a month later i added 6 of my tank goldfish to the pond, leaving 3 of the them in the tank. Here are some of the pictures i took of me adding my tank goldfish to the pond at the time.

Goldfish floating in their bags in the pond (there was a lot of duckweed in the pond at the time- its all gone now);
Pond1.jpg

The garden & pond;
pond2.jpg

The waterfall area (the waterfall was quite obscured by the tall pond plants);
pond3.jpg

Other end of the pond;
pond4.jpg

Goldfish in their bags about to be let out;
pond5.jpg

Being released into the pond;
pond6.jpg

Pond7.jpg

Exploring the pond- "Ooo there's another fish here already!";
Pond8.jpg

The rescued/adopted goldfish and the tank goldfish quickly made friends and started swimming up and down the pond together ^_^ ;
Pond9.jpg

Pond10.jpg

Oh yeah, i almost forgot- these are two pics of the garden i took the other day when it started snowing over here :) ;
In the morning, snow starts;
Gardenmorningsnow1.jpg

At night (it was weirdly bright at night due to all the snow reflecting light everywhere);
Gardennightsnow1.jpg

Pond and fish look beautiful tokis.
Love the bridge over the pond.
Well Done.

Pond and fish look beautiful tokis.
Love the bridge over the pond.
Well Done.

Thanks Wilder :) ! The bridge is one my fav parts of the pond too :) .
When the weather has warmed up a little i'm going to trim all the pond plants back, and then the weather is a little warmer after that i'm going to re-organize the plants around the pond and add some new ones ^_^ .

Most reactions

Back