My Ocean In A Box :)

Whats the turkey baster for :lol:

Has anybody used Aiptasia X? looks impressive looking on youtube. Anybody had any bad experiences?

I dont use it, but others do, no bad reports unless you count, it sometimes doesn't work :p

Turkey baster, arrrr, so many uses, I dont know where to start :p

Seffie x

Whats the turkey baster for :lol:

Has anybody used Aiptasia X? looks impressive looking on youtube. Anybody had any bad experiences?

I dont use it, but others do, no bad reports unless you count, it sometimes doesn't work :p

Turkey baster, arrrr, so many uses, I dont know where to start :p

Seffie x

From what i have read, most cases of it not working are down to people not applying it right.. think i will give it ago.

Aiptasia-X is one of the best eliminators on the market IMO... Have used others and this one seems to work the best. In fact, I just used some to zap a couple in my tank today. As long as the aiptasia is completely covered in the goo, they don't come back.

Aiptasia-X is one of the best eliminators on the market IMO... Have used others and this one seems to work the best. In fact, I just used some to zap a couple in my tank today. As long as the aiptasia is completely covered in the goo, they don't come back.

Hi Nemo :)

Thanks for the info, i will purchase some tomorrow. When you say completely covered do you mean the head or the stem aswell?

Just the head. When you start spraying, they will try to close up and get away, when they close up, continue to put it on them until they are completely covered. I'm rather generous with how much I use. No negative effects ever observed.

Just the head. When you start spraying, they will try to close up and get away, when they close up, continue to put it on them until they are completely covered. I'm rather generous with how much I use. No negative effects ever observed.

:lol: i will make sure i am generous also :shifty: i have a few to shift so hopefully there is plenty in the bottle.

Ok in the last day or so one of my second hand koralia powerheads has packed in! from now on everything will be bought new to stop this problem. So i went and treated myself to a pair of new Koralia Evolution 2800. So with these two i have 5600lph turnover plus i have another koralia i can use which does 2300lph. Should i just run the new pair or run all 3?

photo-2.jpg

I would put the three in and go from there.........that flow rate is pretty much spot on for your sized tank (with sps corals)

Seffie x

Agreed with Seffie put all three in mate.

Right i have added the powerheads now and flow is much much more lively :hyper:

Since upping the flow i have noticed more aiptasia :blink: is it normal for more to appear? its like they have popped out to catch a wave B-)

I did a short video just to ask if my water agitation is enough. The reason i ask is people are saying my pH is a tad low at 7.8 and i want to try and raise it naturally before throwing chemicals in. I have an external running with live rock in and im using the spray bar from it for surface agitation.

http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa400/chrisc1985/?action=view&current=IMG_0157.mp4

I tested my tank tonight but i did it 4 hours later than i usually do and my p.h was around 8.4 :blink: it has been stable at 7.8 and i know it can fluctuate through the day but can it really fluctuate that much in 4 hours?

pH - 8.4

Ammonia - 0 - 0.25

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 20

Been running the tank for around 3 weeks now and still not seen ammonia hit 0 :( what is the normal time length for ammonia to settle at zero usually? all i can think is that i had alot of die off on my LR? But my test have never shown a huge spike in ammonia. I am being as patient as i can and taking things slowly but there is only so long i can look at pet rock!! i want some pet fish :-(

Sorry for the long winded post but had alot on my mind fish wise tonight :rolleyes:

Right if this was me I would be straight down the lfs and get a second opinion on my stats :good:

Re the ph, I suspect you need more surface agitation, point the powerhead a bit further up

Seffie x

Im using the spray bar for agitation Seffie. The powerheads dont come close to the amount the of agitation the spray bar causes. I will try it as you are alot more experienced than me but cant see it causing much more agitation. This is the first time my pH has been that high tonight it has been stable at 7.8 for a week or two now.

Oh woops, i'm so sorry, for some reason I read it low - you dont need to increase water aggitation :blush:

You do know that ph changes by the time of the day etc?

Seffie x

Oh woops, i'm so sorry, for some reason I read it low - you dont need to increase water aggitation :blush:

You do know that ph changes by the time of the day etc?

Seffie x

Yeah i said before in my long post that i tested 4 hours late tonight so understand there might be a change in pH.

Is it possible to have such an increase from 7.8 to 8.4 just from testing 4 hours later in the day though? seems alot to me or is it normal?

What do you think about my ammonia Seffie? would you suggest getting a second opinion or is it normal to go on this long without getting it down to 0?

Most reactions

Back