My New Tropical Setup

kamber

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What do you think? Any pointers / advice / critique Welcomed. (image swapped to a thumbnail) > also resized and recompressed original (when u click thumb) to 150K. For ppl with lower bandwidth.

Nice set up, the black substrate looks good and there are lots of places for the fish to swim through, lucky fish.

Uhm...could you shrink the image a tad please, Im on a decent broadband and its still a huge file :/

Nice tank, not my taste but as long as the fish are healthy thats what matters :)

watch the betta and RTB, they are both very aggressive and may attack each other

That is a GREAT looking tank, nice job. :good:

I do agree with afishdude, you should maybe think about getting a small tank for the betta, he'll get his fins nipped in there, and as he's a lazy boy a small tank with no pests would suit him nicely.

Sorry for the image size, one of my other hobbies is photography :), so i like to present a nice clear image it should have resized with a click link to the full size image.

Yeah i tried to give them lots of places to swim through and places for the cats to hide in, i added another bit of slate in today and moved some things back a bit so theres more free gravel space for the cats to hoover up, i'll do another photo tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice, I'll swap him to the smaller tank i have upstairs :)
I've moved the teras out and added 2 shark cats and a pictus cat (lovely looking fish) in there, they seem to love to swim up the side of the tank by the pump and glide back down, then repeat. I was thinking of getting a water blower and putting it on the opposite end of the tank so they could swim against this flow, is this a good idea in this kind of setup, as i've only seen it on marine setups before?

What else would you recommend to add in this one?

I'm constantly checking the temperature ph, and amo levels (i think i'm probably going and bit OTT as i have 2 digital themometers one on each end).

Heres a better picture of the beta shame u can't have more than one of these in a tank :(

(pic is a thumbnail link, click for full size)

watch the betta and RTB, they are both very aggressive and may attack each other

Tank looks very nice, but as said by "afishdude" watch the RTBS and Betta, more so on the smaller fish such as the neon? tetras I see, they may be intised to attack the flashy colored fishies :( I like the black substrate, brings out the color much more IMO.

Thanks,

Yeah i've moved the small fish out to my smaller tank upstairs its 15.5 gallons that one.
The bigger one i have pictured is 45 gallons it has a 3 stage external filter on it (sponge,ceramic noodles,charcoal).

I think i'm gonna get a water blower for the fish to swim against... is this a good / bad idea in a tropical setup?

Most reactions

Back