my new tank

kamel_007 said:
almost of tetra kinds

discus and angle
Not being negative but I would stay away from the Discus for the foreseeable future :nod: .

From what I understand they are an extremely delicate fish that require perfect water parameters etc to thrive. I would wait until your tank has fully matured before you even consider Discus.

In addition, I have read on here that they should preferably be kept in a species tank, i.e. Discus only tank, with no other tankmates.

In the meantime, do some serious research on them ready fo when your tank is finally established enough to house them safely.

BTW..your tank is gonna look great once all those plants start to grow out :D .

steve.

not necessarily species only, but i wouldnt really put them with angels.

Also, Discus and Angels can in some case be agressive to small tetra unless they are in LARGE groups (20 or so).

Ben

thanx to all

from my experience i will put discus and some tetra kind's only,,,

i will work hard to keep discus in good health,,,

and i will add more plant's, big piece of wood,some decorathion like rock's...

but i need some help here:

i wanna to buy a tetra test for PH,NO3,NH3,GH,KH

but it's too many expensive here in jordan,,

anyone know's another way to test the water,,??

thebaldranger said:
kamel_007 said:
almost of tetra kinds

discus and angle
Not being negative but I would stay away from the Discus for the foreseeable future :nod: .

From what I understand they are an extremely delicate fish that require perfect water parameters etc to thrive. I would wait until your tank has fully matured before you even consider Discus.

In addition, I have read on here that they should preferably be kept in a species tank, i.e. Discus only tank, with no other tankmates.

In the meantime, do some serious research on them ready fo when your tank is finally established enough to house them safely.

BTW..your tank is gonna look great once all those plants start to grow out :D .

steve.
...dont believe in everything you read...

i saw discus for $20 ..and my tank was only 1 month old..brought em, and they have been extremely easy to keep..easier than guppies ( :/ ) and i have done NOTHING special..not a species tank..i just change 20% of the water everyweek

EDIT: also...they live with angels...and this is personal experience.. not what i've read on the internet/ books :nod:

Discus themselves can be very hardy as long as the water is good. It really depends on the supplier. If they have been bred locally then they are more likely to be used to local water conditions.

We keep the Discus at work in "normal" water. Nothing special added, we just add a piece of bogwood or a small sack of peat to lower the PH and bobs your uncle!

Just do be careful as Discus can be expensive and as you will read most places they CAN just die if the water isnt right.... So as long as the water is clean, you have adequate filtration, plenty of vallis or other tall plants and appropriate tankmates, everything should be fine.

If you get a school of tetra get a nice BIG school (20+).

Ben

looking good.

although to me they look like serpea tetra which are the wost for fin nipping, with plans for discus and angels i wouldn't risk it with them.

thanx to all again..

on my experience with discus :

i was have aquarium 50x30x15 30 L, (my first aquarium)

so, many discus was died, but after some time , i success to keep discus..

and i was amazing when put a gold fish in discus tank,,

the discus doesnt hide and swimming happy..

but in this aquarium i wouldnt put any gold fish..

and i correct my question :

does anyone know how can i test the water..

coz the tetra test is many expensive :

1.NO2 = 35 US
2.NO3 = 40 US
3.PH = 30 US
4.GH/PH = not available ????

hi

i add my big piece of wood today

Attachments

• Image_112_.jpg
    Image_112_.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 21
and look at my water quality..

does it normal or some cloudness???

anyway i will add my favorite fishes tommorro

Attachments

• Image_114_.jpg
    Image_114_.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 31
looking good...

are you going to add a background? I like the plain black or blue the best.

Your tank looks clear, but maybe a little cloudy is some pics. Maybe it's because the pics are a bit blurry.

coz the tetra test is many expensive :

1.NO2 = 35 US
2.NO3 = 40 US
3.PH = 30 US
4.GH/PH = not available

Have you tried ebay? I'm in the UK and I got the API master test kit for £17 including postage. It has nitrite,nitrate,pH and ammonia.

Most reactions

Back