My New Rio 180 Tank

How did you fit the extra 2 tubes in the Juwel hood? Are you just runnign the Juwel filter? If you are you might want to look at a good canister filter and run them together, you have quite a stocked tank and to be perfectly honest the Juwel filters are crap!

Zaphan, I think juwell sell hood upgrades (am I right? sure I have seen it somewhere).

Jon

[EDIT: Yay I am a fish addict :S ]

That's an amazing tank! Please tell us where you got that custom-fit background from, I would love one myself.

that is a great tank :cool: I like the way the background covers the juwel filter (I think?), it's probably the structured background made by Juwel themselves too isn't it?

edit...spelling.

jflowers said:
Zaphan, I think juwell sell hood upgrades (am I right? sure I have seen it somewhere).

Jon

[EDIT: Yay I am a fish addict :S ]
I'm pretty sure they do too, there way over priced though in my opinion. I would think the poster just bought some starter units and tubes and fit them in the hood, interested to see how he did it. :)

:rip: :drink: :drink: The Backgroung is from Back to Nature link is www.backtonature.se/english/index
It does cover the Juwel internal filter, it called the Rocky Juwel and is designed to fit the Rio 180 and other models.
Zephan, the extra light fitting is Juwel's own, it comes complete with a set of smaller flaps for the top. Admittidly they aren't cheap, but when you consider how long your going to keep the set up, why get all scingy over a few extra quid ($ for the yanks reading this). I feel that once you have the hardware sorted out, the rest of the hobby, fish and plants, are relatively cheap. And the reward for the effort put in, is more than worth it.
The one thing that annoys me on this and all fish forums, is the way people criticise various products because they are expensive. In this world you get what you pay for. Buy cheap you Get Cheap. I have the philosophy, that if I can't afford it, then I will wait, save more and then Get It. Why buy cheap, if it goes wrong you eventually, through experience, have to end up buying the dearer product in the end anyway.

Good for you :thumbs:
I've got same tank different background. Cool tank!! Only thing is I stood it on an old desk as it was reduced in price as no matching stand. The desk is solid one end but then has a gap for a chair the other so I'm hoping this is ok.

Why why WHY. i wanted some of that rock backing. But i could not get any. :sad:

Great tank.
And happy you returned to the hobby.

And enjoy your discus. I do!!!

James

awsom set up.
I love the discus. I would like a couple myself but don't have a big enough tank and to be quite honest I am already overstocked.
My tank is 4' long x 1' wide x 18" high. Can anyone tell me what this is in gallons please.

grrrr... nice tank.... but PLEASE stop using the drinking smileys, u use them on EVERY post dude lol

Most reactions

Back