My New Pond

George&Ade

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This is my new garden pond.

Ive got about 6 pictures in all,taken in stages from start to finish,but i cant seem to get them all on here.

Anyway.......heres the new pond ive just built.

Its 10ft.x9ft 6in.and 3ft 6 deep.

Hope you like it.....i know it looks a little bit like a hot tub/jacuzzi.....but who knows if the weather gets warmer......ha ha.View attachment 36282

looking very nice, whats the rock feature in the middle?

What did you end up suing for filtration?

if you e-mail me the rest of the pics i'll host them for you to show all, email addy in me profile.

Hi Paul.
The rock in the middle is actually made of plastic that i bought froma garden centre.
Its much cheaper than the proper stone ones and looks quite realistic.
I bought a large "Laguna" pressurised filter that i ran alongside my other one in the old pond for about 6 weeks before the new pond was built,so it had a bit of a "kickstart".
Thank you for offering to post my pictures for me,ill send them to your email addy.

:good:

That pond looks great :good:

I'm just thinking ahead if I ever get chance to build one, would it be possible to have some windows in the side of it as I was thinking of having more of an outdoor tank than a pond.

Not going to have any vines growing up the sides but may put some of that bamboo type screening over the top of the pergola to help keep most of the suns rays off.

As for a window in the side of your pond pieman.....sounds like a cool idea to me.
Im sure it could be done.

Most reactions

Back