My New Pleco

matty_022001

Reaction score
hi everyone, i just wanted to put my plecos on here to see what everyone thinks of them :D first picture is of my baby bristlenose
Photo0227.jpg
next picture is of my green phantom pleco
Photo0233.jpg

very nice is that a blue phantom?

you should get a couple of more bristlenose thre;re good to watch as a pair/group

nah mate this is a green phantom, only had him for 2 weeks and i did have another bristlenose but it died a week after i got it,, and i know the plant needs to come out its what the green phantom done to it, plannin on gettin a bigger tank soon though so i can get more plec lol its safe to say im a plecoholic lol

Lovely fish especially that Green Phantom :good:

Though watch the tail, it looks a little bit frayed? Could either be a water issue or getting into territorial fights with other fish.

mooey65 means the plant needs to come out because it's not aquatic or suitable for fish tanks. They only rot and pollute the water.

What do you mean its not suitable for aquaitics???? Cuz i brought it from a lfs and they had a tank full of em, but ill take your advice and take it out, and the reason his tail looks abit frayed is cuz the day i took the picture was the day after i got him, this pic was only took a couple of days ago
Photo0241.jpg

The plant is Dracenia Sandriana 'white'. Its not a true aquatic plant, the shops usually sell them as 'potted plants', if they have more expensive plants there then they will more likely be the true aquatic plants like species of Anubias and Echinodorus or Amazon Sword, they are quite hardy plants that the plecs should leave alone.

Oh and in your new picture, you have Dracenia Sandriana 'red' too, thats not a true aquatic either, your best move would be to take it out and plant it in a plant pot and water it every day or every other day, they like lots of water but not being submerged, keeping them completely underwater, for lack of a better term... will actually drown the plant! They will start rotting down.

Answer is... dont go for the cheapest plants the shop has and ask questions, ask if they are true aquatic or not!

Plants like dracenia are usefull if you have fish like goldfish that are going to wreck the plants whatever you have and you know you are going to replace them regularly anyways.

Lovely L200, I am picking one up next month along with an L340. I used to have an L200 before, but I lost him very suddenly and without any reason I could find for his death.

well i thought i would tell you all that those plants are now out of the tank, all thats in there now is some grass type stuff that grows really long and some other grass thats short and spikey lol and the lsf where i get my plants from are all the same price so i dont think they kno any better but River Dog i wish u well wiv your phantom, and your clown pleco when u get them, and i hope my phantom doesnt die without cause lol i really like this little guy,

Most reactions

Back