My New L134 Leopard Frog

connorsbala

Leader Of The Seahorse's!
Reaction score
This is my new Leopard Frog Pleco, Toto! I dont know if its a boy or a girl so any help appreciated :p
So here it is
SP_A0031.jpg

SP_A0028.jpg

SP_A0023.jpg

SP_A0022.jpg

SP_A0021.jpg

Hope you like him,i do!!!!!!

Congrats, nice pick up.

How big is he/she?? Apparently with the males, you will see odontode growth on their posterior half. With females, none.

Adult full size is 11cm, so they may start maturing just before that size.

Congrats again. I have two and they are a wonderful addition to the tank.

:D

It's happening again, I love that fish but the one i got was wild-caught in Columbia and I couldn't for the life of me get it to feed. You can probably guess the rest. :rip:

Hes great! He has settled in perfect,going up the glass already! Hes quiet big actually, around 3 inches. I got him at wildwoods and he was labelled an l134 imperial tiger...sorry about your loss ghent_3rd,bet that cost an armand a leg for a wild caught one,mine was £24.95!
THanks for all your comments and ill see if i ca sex him later when the lights come on :)

It was really well priced although at the time I was really in with my LFS manager so I got it for £16-£18 although it should have been £25 but was labelled incorrectly on the tank so he honoured the price for me, still a few quid down the swanny though!

Hes great! He has settled in perfect,going up the glass already! Hes quiet big actually, around 3 inches. I got him at wildwoods and he was labelled an l134 imperial tiger...sorry about your loss ghent_3rd,bet that cost an armand a leg for a wild caught one,mine was £24.95!
THanks for all your comments and ill see if i ca sex him later when the lights come on :)

Just as a note.
Most plecs you see in stores are wild caught.... there are no comercial breeders of "exotic" plecs that would be able to support the market.
Common Bristlenoses are a lot more likely to be tank bred.

Most reactions

Back