My New Fire Eel!

dave_oddballs

ray and oddball keeper !!
Reaction score
this is my fire eel i picked up today, thought it was 6 inch but got it home and measured it and its 8 inch, not bad for £7.50!
Will get some more pics when it settles in!

Attachments

• Fireeel1.jpg
    Fireeel1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 47
  • Fireeel2.jpg
    Fireeel2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Fireeel3.jpg
    Fireeel3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 65
he's a beauty!!!1 top fish I love fire eels

I sold a nice one to Kneish the other week. Haven;t see him on here for a good while

yeah, there was 4 left when i went to pick this one up but don't really have the room for more than one so was well behaved! only one out of 6 gold nugget plecs were left though, but left it behind! they did have some ram varients, orange rams, similar to gold rams but...well.... orange!
erm...... my mystus leucophasis (burmese upside down catfish)is going to have to go! its about 6 1/2 - 7 inch maxing at just short of a foot, gorgeous fish but keeps nipping my pink tailed characin! cant get any pics as it never see's the light of day but google it and see, immaculate condition and lots of silver specs! let me know if there is any intrest, and also my girlfriend is needing to re-home a figure 8 puffer if any one is intrested!

David

Good deal! Hopefully, your tank is big enough to house the Fire Eel.
Have to say that are are really cool looking aquatic species. :)

its doing really well, grown about 1/2 inch - 1 inch in 4 weeks, hard to tell as it hides until feeding time! Really bright red colouring so must be happy! Yeah it is in my 240 L at the moment which will be sufficient for some time until the bigger one is set up!
Really happy i got it!
Dave

Most reactions

Back