My New Discus Anyone Know What Sort It Is ? Pics

beechey

Fish Herder
Reaction score
got him/her yesterday only £12 about 4" was labeled assorted discus the only one in the tank that looked healthy

not sure what type it is kinda pinky white colour with no peppering at all

feeding well now in my tank can get more pics if needed
IMG_3446.jpg

Its could be any type. Unless its wild, discus are line breed for their colors. The n types of discus are whatever their breeder wants to call them. Considering they were from an assorted tank, you may never know.

Probably some sort of mixed strain. My question is though, you got this fish "the only one in the tank that looked healthy" without quarantining!!? It's your fish and your tank but your definitely asking for trouble.

true!! when i said healthy i ment skinny as the shop was feeding them on flakes , touch wood no problems as of yet

i havent got a large tank to quaritine discus only got a 9g quartine tank lol

true!! when i said healthy i ment skinny as the shop was feeding them on flakes , touch wood no problems as of yet

i havent got a large tank to quaritine discus only got a 9g quartine tank lol

Lets hope so. You never know what they could be carrying. Wattleys hatchery grows healthy fat Discus on flakes alone (before it was beefheart alone.) Don't worry about the tank size, 9g is fine for one Discus. Even a two week quarantine period is fine, one week to get settled, one week to deworm. If you want to be on the safe side you could also de-fluke after the worming and put your runt into the quarantine tank just to make sure your new fish is healthy to go in with the rest.

this sunday i bought this same type of discus..this is snow white discus....

this is the only discus i own thats come from from a fish shop the rest all come from trusted breeders so not really up to scratch with quaratineing discus

been searching for pink coloured discus and not found any

two more pics not the best quality

IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

I thought you would go for that one, i really liked it and the other striped one with pink spots.

snow white has white body and light sky colour in its fins...byt these 2 pictures seem that this is not snow white..

Most reactions

Back