my new buddy

Tanked

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I bought him today along with a marineland hex 5 as a very large betta bowl. I will move him out every once in a while and use it as quarantine tank as well. he really seems to like all of the space!!!

Attachments

• newbuddy.jpg
    newbuddy.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 69
thank god you put that pic up. ive been trauling the fish shops of south wwales and have seen some abismal sites its a welcome break to see a health and vibrant siamese fighter beutifull

Fish of the Month nomination for pic three... :thumbs: :thumbs:

:wub: his colours are beautiful, do you have light in the tank?

yes I hve a light in the tank. it is a marineland hex 5, comes with powerfilter, bio wheel anda light. overkilll for a betta i know but it will also second as a quarantine tank for my community tank. th camera flash is waht really broughout the color though

Jamnog said:
thank god you put that pic up. ive been trauling the fish shops of south wwales and have seen some abismal sites its a welcome break to see a health and vibrant siamese fighter beutifull
I wentto 3 different stores and looked at over 150 betta's yesterday before I picked him. most around here look very sickly. he was a prize and and just little aggresive. the bubble wand came up rooted and I west to anchor it again and he bit me. guess if my hands go inthis tank he comes out first :hyper:

make that non agressive, I think he was tired of having his tanked messed with last night. I got a cheaie little feeder fish to see how he would react to other fish. he went up (looked like he was smelling it) and let it go. i gave the feeder to a freind with an oscar, ugly little fish he was. I may try my platys in the 5 gallon betta bowl.

He is a beauty! I love the spots on his dorsal fin...
Very very nice, and lucky you get to have one at work! I'd love to have fish in here... considering how they "mellow" people, we need them in this place! LOL :lol:

:thumbs: Very handsome guy ya got there Tanked...I have a guy that looks like he could be his brother lol.. The treatment of betta's is horrible.. Your guy must be loving the big tank verses the dixie cup he probably came in.. I put a cave in for Bob( daughter named him) thought he's use it to sleep/ hide in...nope he uses that & the plants as lounge chairs! funniest thing to watch him just chill'in in the tree :huh: :thumbs:

bluepacific said:
Very very nice, and lucky you get to have one at work!
He's not at work. he lives at home, I ould not have a 5 gallon tank at work. when they move our group out of the middle of the IT building and into a secure office my boss told me I could keep a betta then, in a 1 gallon tank. B)

ok, i lied one more, sorry. he is just so pretty my camera finger can't help but pressing the button.

Attachments

• newbuddy4.jpg
    newbuddy4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 68

Most reactions

Back