My New Betta

Gootz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Wasn't looking to pick up a betta until after I finished stocking my tank, but when I was heading up front at my LFS to pay for some new plants this guy caught my eye and I knew he'd be perfect. 

The pic doesn't do him justice though.  He has some amazing blue stripes in his fins which you can't see too well in this pic (only see a little in the beginning of the tail). I tried taking about 10 pics and this was the best one I could get with my camera phone, so hope you enjoy!

2013-03-23085823_zps3fc287d9.jpg

Love it!! Love the dark substrate too, think I'm going to go that way when I finally get to set up my betta tank! Have everything ready except the space and the substrate!

Gootz said:
Wasn't looking to pick up a betta until after I finished stocking my tank, but when I was heading up front at my LFS to pay for some new plants this guy caught my eye and I knew he'd be perfect. 

The pic doesn't do him justice though.  He has some amazing blue stripes in his fins which you can't see too well in this pic (only see a little in the beginning of the tail). I tried taking about 10 pics and this was the best one I could get with my camera phone, so hope you enjoy!

2013-03-23085823_zps3fc287d9.jpg
nice fish

silly question , if they breed have young do the male fry fight ?

Yes they do which is why when you breed you have to have enough jars/containers for the fry so that when they start getting aggressive, you can separate them.

Beautiful male!!!!  He is gorgeous and I can definitely see why you went ahead and grabbed him up. 

I just noticed something on my betta's tail that is somewhat disconcerting.  Any idea what this is?

2013-03-28102927_zps2a44d98b.jpg

Most reactions

Back