My New 8gal Nano

Had to tak eout all my rock to look for a fish, put it back in and changed the layout. wanted to give the clowns lots of swimming space. What do people think?

My tank now has

1 Falce Ocellaris Clownfish "Nemo"
1 Black & White Percula Clownfish "Zebra"
1 Indian sea star (Fromia indica) "Peach"
1 Purple Tube Anenome (Cerianthus lloydi)
3 Beadlet Anenomies (Actinia equina)
1 Red Leg Hermit Crabs
4 Turbo Snail

Attachments

• tank__.JPG
    tank__.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 76
what are you temps and salinity stability like

I have a 7.5 gallon setup that was peakingway too high over the summer, I couldn't keep it cool with fans a the evaporation would send the salinity mad (I was adding 2+L of RO daily!).

I never had the balls to try fish in it. but I now have a chiller installed and the temps were a lot better. Eveporation is now about 2L a week so the salt levels are a lot more stable.

What tank is that - I think its the same as mine....

Hey my temp stays at 78 and my SG is stable at 1.023. goin to raise it up ro 1.024 over the next week.

I've only had the tank a month so dont no what it'll be like over the summer.

Not been measuring the evaporation either :S Might do that over the next week. Seem to evaporate alot though

My tank says 418 aquarium tank on it, dunno if that means anythin to you but i bought it 2nd hand.

What set up have you got on your tank?

very similar setup to yours

Its an aquaone AR380 in black (34L)
an external 304 for water movement (nothing in the baskets)
I have aded a heater to the filter though to keep the tank clear although i dont need it nowhe chiller is in the loop as it also heats.

I've modded the hood to hold 2x 24W power compacts

SG is at approx 1.025
temp is approx 27deg

We currently have 2 red leg hermits, one blue legged. 2 small turbosnails, 2 Nassarius snails (now with lots of young too!). 2 stomatellas. now its stable I want a nice pistol shrimp and goby pair ;)

Here it is as it was back at the begining of May when I set it up
rock2.jpg

and as it was a few weeks ago... You cant really see the amount of life in there from that picture, there are a lot of star polyps a nice richordia mushroom thats doubled in size since may, and a few other unidentified polyps.

mature.jpg

Thought i'd take some photos with my brothers new camera! I;ve had a rearange of the rocks to!!

I've also started off a blog Adams Blog if people want to have a look

CIMG0163web.JPG

CIMG0155web.JPG

CIMG0152web.JPG

CIMG0066web.JPG

CIMG0061web.JPG

CIMG0117web.JPG

Thought i'd take some photos with my brothers new camera! I;ve had a rearange of the rocks to!!

I've also started off a blog Adams Blog if people want to have a look

CIMG0163web.JPG

CIMG0155web.JPG

CIMG0152web.JPG

CIMG0066web.JPG

CIMG0061web.JPG

CIMG0117web.JPG

EDIT: all the photos arent coming up. Please check out my blog for pictures!!

Attachments

• CIMG0061web.JPG
    CIMG0061web.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 87
I'm lookin for another fish for my tank! Its only 8 gallons (uk) and it has to baby clown fish. I was lookin at a fire fish, yellow watchman goby or a cleaner wrasse... What do ppl think??

I'm personally a fan of the firefish, thats my next addition.

Firefish or Goby, no cleaner wrasse for sure. Cleaner wrasses have very poor captive success rates in nano tanks. Even in very large reefs their captive success rate is still not very good. Reason being is that probably 80-90% of cleaner wrasse individuals will feed ONLY on the parasites or irritated flesh of other fish. In the wild, cleaner wrasses will service dozens if not hundreds of different fish daily. Obviously when you shrink that number down to a handful, cleaner wrasses run out of food quick ;). A select few individuals will accept frozen meaty foods and things like Roe, but a vast majority will not.

Firefish or Goby, no cleaner wrasse for sure. Cleaner wrasses have very poor captive success rates in nano tanks. Even in very large reefs their captive success rate is still not very good. Reason being is that probably 80-90% of cleaner wrasse individuals will feed ONLY on the parasites or irritated flesh of other fish. In the wild, cleaner wrasses will service dozens if not hundreds of different fish daily. Obviously when you shrink that number down to a handful, cleaner wrasses run out of food quick ;). A select few individuals will accept frozen meaty foods and things like Roe, but a vast majority will not.

do you think i could fit both the watchman and the firefish in?>

Most reactions

Back