My New 8gal Nano

adam.crouch

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey. I'm new to marine. My tanks been set up for 3 weeks now. Thought i'd join the forum and say hey!!

2 clown fish
1 purple anenome thing
2 hermits and
2 turbo's

Set up

T5 lights white and blue
Fluval 2 internal filter for mechanical
3-4kg of live rock for filtration
fluval 304 without media for circulation 1000l/hour
1inch of live sand

Does this set up sound ok? Anyone recomend anything?

Attachments

• Day20.JPG
    Day20.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 135
Looks great man :good:

Can you be more specific on "purple anemone thing" and "hermit crabs"? :)

Looks great man :good:

Can you be more specific on "purple anemone thing" and "hermit crabs"? :)

I've got small red hermits and below is a picture of the anenome, dont have a clue what it is.

Attachments

• purple_anenome.JPG
    purple_anenome.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 119
Wow, looks like a tube anemone, first one I've seeen on these boards. You're gonna have to feed it directly as they're non-photosynthetic (dont need light). Get a turkey baster and squirt some frozen foods at it gently at least 2-3 times a week :)

It may just be a feather duster.

would help if you had a better picture of it

Wow, looks like a tube anemone, first one I've seeen on these boards. You're gonna have to feed it directly as they're non-photosynthetic (dont need light). Get a turkey baster and squirt some frozen foods at it gently at least 2-3 times a week :)

Hey. I've been feeding it dry shrimps and also some frozen brine shrimps. He seems to catch alot of them when i'm feeding my clowns so i havent had to directly feed him apart from a few dry shrimps.

Do i need some more live rock for filtration so i can take the mech internal filter out?

Edit: its deff not a feather duster.

Attachments

3.3 KB · Views: 122
Looks good mate :good:

Just make sure that LR at the top stays fully submerged when you do a water change ;)

I've just added about 10 beadlet anenomies to my tank! came in the post today ! i only asked for 3 though. He's also give me about 10-20 really small baby ones which i dont want to put in my tank:S Might take some down to my LFS tomoro see if they want to take some. What are ppls views on beadlet anenomies

Looks good mate :good:

Just make sure that LR at the top stays fully submerged when you do a water change ;)

I've just added about 10 beadlet anenomies to my tank! came in the post today ! i only asked for 3 though. He's also give me about 10-20 really small baby ones which i dont want to put in my tank:S Might take some down to my LFS tomoro see if they want to take some. What are ppls views on beadlet anenomies

Attachments

• Beadlet_anenomies.JPG
    Beadlet_anenomies.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 112
  • anenomies.JPG
    anenomies.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 108
One of the first things I've wanted when I began fishkeeping were beadlet anemones. Think the little guys are actually temperate anemones though.

Most reactions

Back